What do you think of the new logos?

Comments on this forum and Star Fleet sites
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

So what do you think of these?They looked brighter in their uncompressed state - they're JPEGs now. Too dark, text not clear enough, what do you reckon? Problem is, they look brighter as Gifs but that makes the files a bit bigger. Plus fewer colours of course, although when I tried it it didn't seem to make much odds. Opinions welcomed, but I don't want to radically re-do them, it took me a while to think how to do them!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Ahhh yes, rounded edges. If I had Dreamweaver and Fireworks I'd probably be doing rounded edges on everything going! As it is, it's just far easier, with the software I'm using which isn't WYSIWYG, to keep things more straightforward. What I was conscious of up until this change was that the buttons contrasted with the rectangular versions of the section logos. I'm a little happier now that I've moved away from them.I think it's fair to say that SFXB is always evolving in some way, and this three column approach is probably the most sophisticated it's ever been, particularly as I'm now using some scripts for navigation. But as I say, I have to think about layout changes carefully because of the limitations of the tools I'm using, so it's a bit of a balancing act. I've decided I'm going to use the gif versions rather than the jpg versions of the above - 10K heavier but the images just look brighter with them. I think it draws the eye better...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator