Forum question

Comments on this forum and Star Fleet sites
Vanessa

Forum question

Post by Vanessa »

I'm new to this Ikonboard thingy, so maybe someone could explain a couple of things to me?What's with the little blue squares?Some folks have one, some two and some three.I'm guessing they are some kind of heirarchy system?Also how does the Member rating bar work?Yesterday I had a zero (blank bar), yet today I have a 5, full red bar. What's that all about then? Or is it to do with how many posts one submits?I also seem to be classified as a "Star Fleet Cadet". I think I'd rather be an "Alliance Minion" Just curious... Just been to see that "Paul" film, very funny! Made me laugh!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Forum question

Post by Crash »

I think the blue boxes increment according to your number of messages posted. Sane thing with the Cadet thing but you can change in your profile options.The red thing is (I think) a non-democratic 'how-much-Andy-likes-you o'meter'. Which is not a complaint because I get 5 as well!Was it decent? I looked at that Paul film and compared to Hot Fuzz, it looked terrible (and I know a lot of people who hate Hot Fuzz).
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Forum question

Post by Vanessa »

OK, thanks for the info.I'll try to change the Cadet comment to an Alliance one   Well, if that's the case with the red bar, then thank you Andy   Not sure what I did to deserve that, but hey, I'm not complaining!Actually my even being on this forum at all I owe to Andy, He encouraged me to post my story thread and make contact.I'm glad I did.It was your initial helpful replies that kept me here though Crash   I think Paul is better than Hot Fuzz. But I do have a penchant for Sci-fi, and also I love cheesy films, so I was always going to say that.Maybe it's not quite worth going to the cinema for, but it'd be a giggle on DVD that's for sure. Paul the Alien was a really lovable, naughty, if a bit "American" character.The film didn't take itself too seriously, so if you go with an open mind, and don't expect too much except a bit of a laugh, you'll be fine. But plausible plot and Oscar winner it aint!

Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Forum question

Post by Crash »

I thought Hot Fuzz was really funny but I know a lot of people who disagree.One film I'm looking forward to this year is Battle Los Angeles.That and the second Macross F movie this year.
Vanessa

Forum question

Post by Vanessa »

If you liked Hot Fuzz, then I reckon you'll like Paul as well.I saw the trailer for Battle LA showing just before Paul.It looked pretty cool. Kind-of reminded me of the latest War of the Worlds film meets Independance Day.I'm lookin forward to the new F&F film. I'm just a sucker for Vin Diesel I managed to change my member name thingy! Yay!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Zordon

Forum question

Post by Zordon »

lol it was me who gave you that hi 5 vanessa lol
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Forum question

Post by Crash »

How did you manage that?Vin Diesel is brilliant. He's so good in Babylon A.D.Is it just me, or is that film like a movie version of STALKER the game? (The plot's different but the setting at the beginning is just the same), infact I think it had to have been based on the feel of the game for it to be so exact a match.
Zordon

Forum question

Post by Zordon »

(Crash Override @ Feb. 27 2011,14:42)QUOTEHow did you manage that?Vin Diesel is brilliant. He's so good in Babylon A.D.Is it just me, or is that film like a movie version of STALKER the game? (The plot's different but the setting at the beginning is just the same), infact I think it had to have been based on the feel of the game for it to be so exact a match.lol you click on someones name and anyones aloud to give a rating
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Vanessa

Forum question

Post by Vanessa »

En Voila!Thank you my dear Zordon, thought I'd return the compliment Glad you like Yummy Vin too, Crash.He's delish...Although we may like him for different reasons...umm? I haven't seen Babylon AD, but I will check it out.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Forum question

Post by Crash »

Oh, yes - I see. You go into their profile and do it.That is pretty good. Better than '+1' 'reputation' that you get on other forums, infact.Good old Ikonboard. We're getting a third Riddick film by the way, which suits me fine because I think I was the only person on the planet to say that the second one was a million times better than the first.The first one was a space opera whereas the first was a slightly cheap survival horror - even if it had Claudia Black in it.I haven't played the second game, although the first one was brilliant, just very difficult in places. I remember when it came out around 2004 and I just looked at the monitor in Game and couldn't believe how close a likeness they'd made of the character and the graphics are very solid to my mind even today.I found a hilarious review about it. I nearly suffered bladder-control failure reading what these cretins wrote about the game, especially when I opened the comments at the bottom: http://guide2games.org/2008-re....her-bayI think I like Riddick for the same reason I like Athrun from Gundam SEED, he's a man of few words and a law unto himself but he has everyone's best interests at heart.