ViewMaster

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

ViewMaster

Post by Rachel »

I noticed with interest that there is a Terrahawks ViewMaster thing on Ebay. I had something like that relating to the Disney cartoon The Rescuers, circa 1980. With mine, you could watch the scene where the 2 mice fly on the albatross' back, when you revolved a little mechanism.I wonder how many kids would buy one of those, nowadays, when the complete videos of their films and programmes can be easily purchased?
AndyThomas

ViewMaster

Post by AndyThomas »

I imagine younger kids might - it'd be ideal for car trips. Oh no, hang on, Game Boy Advance...! A friend of mine had some sort of torch version of one, like a mini-projector. I think I had a normal viewmaster thing with a set of Black Hole (Disney film) discs...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

ViewMaster

Post by Happosai »

Hehe...I had one of those when I was a kid...shaped like a cine camera, and took cartridges containing a loop of film?I had that Rescuers one, amongst others...hehe...it's just reminded me about this: http://www.snopes2.com/disney/films/rescuers.htmI can't remember what exactly was on that Rescuers Viewmaster thingy, but I wonder if it included the above?!!! ^_^[Happosai]