Volume 4

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

Well if I had the choice to see either Spiderman or Scooby Doo, I'd choose Spiderman.I can't show much interest in a series that has the same plot in every episode like what Scooby Doo has.
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>Now, now, don't go upsetting Rachel yet again<< >>I can't say really that I'm missing much by not seeing them<<So what are you doing then ?
AndyThomas

Volume 4

Post by AndyThomas »

Can I just say, I stand in awe of just how off topic you lot can get!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

Heh heh, nobody is upsetting me, feel free to say whatever you like about Scooby Doo. I just happened to find the film an entertaining, parodic live version of the cartoon series, with a very clever twist at the end (although if you didn't used to watch the cartoon regularly, in its day, you probably wouldn't appreciate the film). I'm afraid I don't find the cartoon exciting any more, though, I hardly ever watch it any more; unlike my boss, who is 36 and still really into it!In fact, no member of this forum has ever upset me, although I get exasperated when I hear about the bad taste or incompetence of other jerks in the world. (Yes, I know we're supposed to be tolerant of other people's opinions, and all that, but it's sometimes difficult, if the Philistines' taste rules, leading to there being not enough demand for what we want, in this case Terrahawks.) But I'm not the type to behead the messenger who merely tells the bad news!
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>feel free to say whatever you like about Scooby Doo<<Thank God I can bad mouth the show! How a half hour show with the same plot in every episode can be made into a two-hour film escapes me!>>clever twist at the end<<Clever twist?, Scooby Doo?, those two words don't go together As you can tell from the other cartoon shows we've talked about and from the negative feedback I've given on them that I'm not a fan of 70's and 80's cartoons.I just hope you don't say Scooby Doo is better than Thunderbirds and any of the other Supermarionation shows or I really will have to argue with you (Edited by Adam at 10:34 pm on Nov. 4, 2002)
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

The clever twist at the end of the Scooby Doo film is the fact that the villain turns out to be Scrappy Doo, in disguise. I found the film a great bit of satire, but I have really grown out of the cartoon itself, therefore I wouldn't be prepared to fight to defend it. (But if you met my boss, that would be a different kettle of fish; you would get your argument there, because he's still a big Scooby Doo fan.)Tej, why don't you think a child today would get much out of Terrahawks? I would have assumed that as with everything else, some would appreciate it and others wouldn't. It's not as if the programme makes references to real politicians or celebrities, a factor that can make shows seem dated once the public figures they mention are no longer in the limelight.Of course, we can't in all fairness expect schoolchildren to rush out and buy the Thawks DVDs when they're not familiar with the series; so if Revelation want phenomenal sales, they should really show the programme on one of the numerous TV channels. (I don't see why not, as repeats of much older Gerry Anderson series are still on telly.)
AndyThomas

Volume 4

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah, but Terrahawks did rely on 80s music and general style a great deal. That side of the show would be lost on today's kids. Plus you're unlikely to see the toys, story books and so on there to sustain interest. All that said, I enjoyed Thunderbirds despite its age - but then it was set in the future for its time. Also, Thunderbirds has very easy to understand "peril" plots. Terrahawks is more "monster of the week" which may limit its appeal a bit more. It would certainly be interesting to see how today's generation respond to it - and in fact, I think I'm right in thinking Adam is relatively young compared to late 20 somethings like myself?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator