Volume 4

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

Don't worry, I was being ironic; I don't even know why so many ladies keep their age a secret, it seems a bit silly to me. I was just sarcastically quoting the standard reply, and reminding you (tongue in cheek) that I had already made it possible to calculate my present age (unless your maths happens to be as poor as dear Zero's ; joking again!) I was laughing as I wrote it.It just occurred to me that if the characters on Mars can watch us through their crystal, you don't know what they could be observing. If you like someone in THAT way, I assume it's normal to want them to see you in the shower, but not when you're "visiting Aunt Jane." (Sorry about the Victorian euphemism, but I will be out on my ear if I say anything cruder.) You may not be familiar with the old Blondie record Picture This (before your time), but it includes the line "my finest hour, the one I spent watching you shower."I know none of the characters really exist, I have posted messages here referring to the voice actors. So don't worry, be happy.
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

I know my maths. I just took 2 off the second 2 in the year 2020 to get 0, now we have 2000. Then I took 2 away from the 4 in 46 to get 26 and I added 2 onto 26 as it's 2002 now, not 2000 to get 28, or to be even simpler just take 18 away from 46 Sorry I've given out your age but how else could I prove that I can calculate this (If you want me to delete it just say)
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

Nah, of course you don't have to delete it. I don't really need to become touchy about my age for at least another 2 years
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

Since you mention it, Tej, that is one of my fears. But I meant that I reach the big 30 in 2 years, and that's when people are supposed to start keeping their age a secret.
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

Um, I do have some thoughts that are not relevant to Terrahawks; not many, I admit, but a few! A person's 30th birthday is just the first of the 10-year milestones that people are supposed to dread, when birthdays are not quite the total joy they are in the first flush of youth; because most of us would like to hang on to our twenties. (It's not a serious big deal to me, though; I already have my first white hairs, anyway.)I have no intention of hiding my tastes in TV, ever; getting programmes like S'fleet and T'hawks back in your life, after a long absence, is something to celebrate, not to hide. Back in 1984, my mum once remarked that I lived and breathed T'hawks (at that time, if someone said the word "zero" in the normal sense, I would mention our favourite sergeant major). I didn't ponder whether I would start living and breathing it again, in 18 years' time. Does anyone else ever dream about the show? I know I do, quite frequently, and I did every night when I first got the Ebay videos, at the end of last year. Annoyingly, though, the details evade me when I wake up.
Happosai

Volume 4

Post by Happosai »

Well, I hit the "big 3-0" in June of this year, and I'm happy to report that my tastes and attitudes, as yet, have not changed, and I'm still going out drinking and clubbing as much as before! (^_^) It's funny this came up, actually, as I was talking about exactly this with a friend just the other day...![Happosai]