Volume 4

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>boring, bloody Thunderbirds<<You're not making any friends saying that
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

Hmm, I guess I shouldn't really have said that, because Terrahawks would probably never have been written, if there had been no Thunderbirds to set the precedent. But, as I have said before, I think it is over-rated, none of the characters in Thunderbirds turn me on at all (in either a sexual or a platonic way!), it doesn't even have any dear little robots, I only watched it in childhood when I was really at a loose end.As you may have gathered, I feel so annoyed about having to wait in suspense to see if more Terrahawks releases will even materialise, it makes me sick to see that Thunderbirds not only have videos everywhere you look, but lots of other merchandise, too.
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>(apologies to any fans of the show, I'm an 80s chick, not a 60s chick!)<<Well as you can tell I’m more of a 60's guy (even though I wasn't born in the 60's) I like all the 60's Supermarionation shows and Terrahawks is the only 80's show that I like, I hate everything else from the 80's (even Star Fleet.... sorry but I do) You show disrespect to Thunderbirds I will retaliate
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>it makes me sick to see that Thunderbirds not only have videos everywhere you look, but lots of other merchandise, too.<<Well Thunderbirds is popular than Terrahawks, you can't deny it.
AndyThomas

Volume 4

Post by AndyThomas »

The thing with Thunderbirds is that it's historically had much better timeslots and more international exposure than Terrahawks. The episodes are longer too, so you have more time to get to know the characters. Plus, don't underestimate the power of the BBC's viewing figures and the fact that some people just weren't allowed to watch ITV when young. As much as I enjoyed Terrahawks at the time for its more military overtones, Thunderbirds is still an incredibly detailed show for its age and is very... humanitarian. Everyone loves heroes who rescue people just because they can! And it does have some real characters - Parker and M'Lady, for example. Oh, and incidentally Rachel - there's at least one robot in the series, developed by Brains, so...!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Volume 4

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from Adam on 9:49 pm on Oct. 29, 2002I hate everything else from the 80's (even Star Fleet.... sorry but I do) *Finger hovers over Ban Member button*;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

What exactly do you like so much about Thunderbirds? I'm sorry, but it's just such a mystery to me why so many people worship at its shrine, I'm curious. As I explained before, I'm probably just not cut out to be an Anderson fan, because of the genre I only liked Terrahawks (which obviously deviated from the standard Anderson show, for better or worse), and Starfleet, which was not one of his products at all.I didn't realise you had seen Starfleet; where and when did you get to view it? I would have recommended it to anyone who enjoyed Terrahawks; why did you hate it? I seem to have "verbal constipation" regarding poor old Starfleet, these days; I will have to have another Starfleet marathon soon, to get more inspiration for things to say.
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>Oh, and incidentally Rachel - there's at least one robot in the series, developed by Brains, so...!<< Brayman from Sunprobe (also seen in Edge of Impact and 30 Minutes after noon) who sounds like a Dalek.
Shane

Volume 4

Post by Shane »

<<I hate everything else from the 80's (even Star Fleet.... sorry but I do) >>GRRRRRRR! Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

I saw Star Fleet ages ago on video and found it boring, nobody in my family liked it so they didn't encourage me into watching it (well non of them like Terrahawks either) but I didn't find any magic or charm in the show like I did with Supermarionation and Supermacromation.