DVD Box Set

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh, well, I did have that thought and had actually made a start on taking the cellophane off before I decided to compare the two.  There's absolutely no difference so far as I can tell.  It's not like the Transformers box set, which has an extra disc packed with goodies which is actually called a "deluxe edition".  I suppose this another annoyance with the DVD industry, isn't it?  You don't just have special editions of individual releases, you also get special editions of box sets of individual releases!  Just think what they're going to hit us with when all the Star Wars films come out in uber-box set mode!  The mind boggles!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

DVD Box Set

Post by Adam »

Well I have been waiting for Volume 3 since Monday but Play.com are waiting for the delivery of stock, I am growing very impaitient....really I am What's the design on the box set like?
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

Picture here. Basically the bad guys plus 2 monsters. The box holds the three volumes in their original packaging. Amazon are cheaper but apparently out of stock for a couple of weeks - perhaps I cleaned them out!
Adam

DVD Box Set

Post by Adam »

Yes I have pre-ordered Volume 3 but Play.com haven't got any in stock.
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

I get the impression that the release dates have been... somewhat erratic, shall we say. I'd have expected them to have allowed a little more time between the release of volume 3 and the box set. Actually, an amusing thought occurs - they might not have allowed for enough volume 3s to be produced to go into the box set as well as to be released individually! You never know, that could cause a delay...Oh, and incidentally, I did see the first volume in HMV the other week so it does seem to be getting out there...
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

Surprised the quote thing didn't work - it may need a quote= argument to work, and you need square brackets rather than backslashes (I know, you put those in so it'd display! ) Quote test with no= Andy wrote: Quote=AndyAnyway, what I was thinking with regard to volume 3 is - if BlackStar and co. haven't had it shipped to them, then they can't get it out to people, regardless of pre-order status. That may be what's happened. It's possible that for some reason the box set has been pushed out ahead of the individual volume 3. It isn't that unusual for a box set to come out at the same time as a single volume (they've just done it with Enterprise on VHS I think) but in this case there seems to have been a hiccup.My volume 3 does have 1:3 on the spine, and I imagine it indiciates series 1 - third (and last) volume. So the next release, all being well, would be 2:1...
Adam

DVD Box Set

Post by Adam »

I'm so impatient to wait for volume 3 (I still haven't got it ) I went to HMV today to see if they had it but they only had volume 1, that’s the first time I’ve seen anything to do with Terrahawks in a shop.