DVD Box Set

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

Unfortunately you tend to see that a lot these days. Think about the people who started collecting Star Trek TNG on video only to have the DVD box sets come out... ouch... They just know that some people won't wait....
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

DVD Box Set

Post by Adam »

But the problem is I was told that Revelation Films were not going to release Terrahawks in a box set, I was told Revelation Films don't do box sets, that's why I got the separate DVDs and what happens after I get the first one? a bloody box set is announced.
Slacker

DVD Box Set

Post by Slacker »

I've been holding out for the box set, IMHO it is inevitable that when you get a series being released, you get a box set of it.
Adam

DVD Box Set

Post by Adam »

>>it is inevitable that when you get a series being released, you get a box set of it.<<Not true, some series have been released without a box set. Danger Man for example.(Edited by Adam at 4:20 pm on Sep. 22, 2002)
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

The trend seems to be getting even stranger. According to Amazon, Joe 90 is being released as a box set at the same time as individual DVD releases happen. I suppose the idea is that after a fashion you can "try before you buy" - get the single DVD, and if you like it and can afford to, shell out for the whole lot in one go, possibly with some additional incentives. Just look at how they've approached the Fellowship of the Ring...
Adam

DVD Box Set

Post by Adam »

Carlton did that with Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet and UFO, release the box set at the same time as the first two volumes.And as for Joe 90,I’m not trying before I buy. I'm getting the digipack because they're some episodes I'd like to see first and only one of the episodes I want to see is on volume 1.
Shane

DVD Box Set

Post by Shane »

I think due to the nature and scope of the Lord of the Rings movies you really do need the two releases. I like the fact that I can watch the same version that I watched at the cinema now, and then in a month or so time have the option to buy the ultimate set with the massive extras and commentries. It's no ordinary film series that's for sure and from the sneek peak of the Two Towers on the current DVD release I can't wait to see the next one.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

DVD Box Set

Post by AndyThomas »

Same here. I suppose the cover artwork on the box set is also new of course, but otherwise it's just the 3 volumes in, y'know, a box! This does mean I now have a spare sealed copy of volume 1 - probably take it in to the local exchange-y shop rather than putting it on eBay. If anyone here fancies it let me know - probably won't get round to getting rid of it until next week...