Sorry if this is a bit morbid but

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

The rank thing isn't really an issue - it's just that when you have 4 posts all in a row it does look like you're hogging things, juuuuust a leeeeetle bit! I mean, come on, how often do I actually get to "moderate" this board! It's just a netiquette sort of thing. Don't worry about it ;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

"I suppose all you red-blooded guys are probably in love with Princess Keeli, right? And you only get to see her for about 15 minutes, and she turns out to be already deceased! So I shouldn't moan too much."None of the Star Fleet babes seemed to fair well in the show. Makara got Dai X's fist in her face.Lamia had to give up Shiro for a geek like Haley so she could become the F01.And the Queen on Espa had a drink problem. Ok so I made the last one up but you get the picture.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Zelda did cry in Runaway about Yung-Star (God knows why) but she completely forgot that she could reclaim him until It-Star said "Vell zats how ze cookie cake crumbles he is most certainly dead." (It-Star has a German accent) then Zelda replied "Dead? Then my powers will work." So what the #### was Zelda crying about if she didn't know he died?You haven't seen Cold Finger for a long time have you?Zelda didn't cry at all in that.Runaway, Gold and Operation Zero work very well as a last episode but Cold Finger doesn't. The Ultimate Menace and A Christmas Miracle or even Child's Play could be good as a last episode.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Andy, of course what you say goes, as you are the one we have to thank for the whole site! I will try to plan my posts more carefully in future. But I do believe that if someone is suffering from a a shock, you're supposed to give them sugar, not a rap on the knuckles! Not that it matters in this case, as Adam had already informed us there is no need to worry about any of the main characters.Adam, I haven't seen Coldfinger for a long time (about 17 years in fact), but I didn't say Zelda cried, just that she was suppressing tears; I seem to remember her mouth trembling a bit. I think my favourite Kate Kestrel song (Be My Star Tonight) was in that one; am I right?Regarding the episode you mentioned, in which Zero dreams the whole thing up: he ought to tell Ninestein that he can have dreams, it would make him seem more like a living thing!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Tej, the episode that Ninestine died in was Gold.Rachel, Be My Star Tonight was in Cold Finger and Zelda wasn't upset when Yung-Star was frozen at all, she wasn't upset about anything, the only time Zelda cries is Runaway and that's it. I never really liked any of Kate Kestrel's songs but I guess the song about the Phone box (The one heard in My Kingdom for a Zeaf, Space Giant and Runaway) was ok and the one about not being held responsible (The one heard in The Midas Touch)
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Doesn't one of Kate's songs reference International Rescue, and even the Traceys? I thought that was interesting piece of quasi-continuity. Now that I think about it, didn't they tie in Captain Scarlet with the Thunderbirds at some point?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Yes S.O.S Mr Tracy is about Jeff Tracy and International Rescue, which means both Thunderbirds and Terrahawks don't exist in the same universe because it's just not possible for Kate to sing a song about International Rescue when Terrahawks was set in 2020 and Thunderbirds was set in 2026/2065. That song was heard in Play it Again Sram, Midnight Blue, Cry UFO and Terratomb.>>didn't they tie in Captain Scarlet with the Thunderbirds at some point?<< No they didn't, except for that recent Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlet Theatre show.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Wasn't there a reference, possibly in a Thunderbirds movie, to the Mars mission that kicked off the events in Captain Scarlet with the destruction of the Mysteron base? I thought I'd read that somewhere, but I have to admit I've not watched the movies... I agree with you on the Tracey front - and of course, thinking about it, no-one is supposed to know that International Rescue involves the Traceys! That sort of internal nod of the head always makes me smile though, like Farscape referencing Buffy.You can even rule out Trek being based on our time line, because it'd be like Spaceballs the Movie - they could rent the episode in advance to find out what happens! Trek's such a big cultural thing you couldn't ignore it...
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thunderbirds are Go the movie and The Mysterons (The Captain Scarlet pilot episode) had the MEV space craft in it (There is also an MEV in Terrahawks To Catch a Tiger was one of it's many appearances)But the Thunderbirds are Go MEV was attacked by Rock Snakes and the Captain Scarlet MEV attacked the Mysteron complex.