Mr. King

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Mr. King

Post by Rachel »

I absolutely love the episode Ten Top Pop, but there is something really sad about it: that poor bloke, the shadowy mysterious one in the studio, got locked in, and we don't find out whether anyone released him in time for the party! That's a horrible thought! Moreover, I hope he hadn't wet his pants by the time he was let out! (Now you know what my mind is like.)
Rachel

Mr. King

Post by Rachel »

There is actually a weird inconsistency in this story: presumably Ten Top Pop occurs straight after Operation SAS, because when Stu goes into the studio at the beginning of a new week, and is asked about his weekend, he says he doesn't remember much about it. He assumes that is because not much happened, but WE know it is because his memory has been wiped clean for 24 hours.Anyway, the point I'm getting to is this: Yungstar's ferret is working perfectly again, already, even though he said it would take weeks to repair, after Yuri had damaged it! Strange, or what? Don't you find Yungstar's "flight" at the end of the tape, hilarious? I don't suppose I can claim to be laughing "with him" because the poor love is obviously in danger of losing his lunch. Nevertheless, it still makes me laugh out loud!
Kinggodzillak

Mr. King

Post by Kinggodzillak »

So, who is the King puppet? I can't see that it was a specially created puppet just for that part. I say it was either Tiger or Johnson.. or Gerry Anderson ( a fan has a Supermacromation puppet of Anderson in his collection, so maybe thats where it comes from)
Adam

Mr. King

Post by Adam »

>>So, who is the King puppet?<<That's like saying who is General X (Martian Invasion- Thunderbirds) No one knows except the people that worked on the episode.
Kinggodzillak

Mr. King

Post by Kinggodzillak »

But General X was only 'seen' for about 1 1/2 minutes total, whereas King is nearly over half the eps. And you can see the shape of his head, and in one ep as he turns round it it really obvious he has grey hair.