Stew Dapples

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Stew Dapples

Post by Rachel »

Really, it was Denise who did Goybirl's voice? That is a surprise, because the character sounds so much like Cystar. She even says "Wooonderfull!" in the same tone, in Terratomb (referring to her doll). Well, you're never safe from surprise until you're dead. I think it's great that they did hire Anne Ridler, because the Cystar voice is ideal for the part; but I'm wondering why they didn't have Moya Griffiths as Kate's speaking voice, besides the singing? Had they already booked Anne, before deciding that the character Kate would be a performing rock-star?I saw the Ben Stevens web-page either in 2000 or 2001; before I got the Terrahawks episodes back in my life, anyway. I can't even remember how I found it, now; certainly when I tried again, there were just too many hits about numerous people called Ben Stevens.I'm sure the crow-bar scene couldn't have been that disgusting, if it turned out not even to be used on Cystar's person! You mention Denise's grandson; I know she was married to Nicholas Parsons, and on a programme called the Entertainers, a few months ago, it showed his daughter and grandchildren (a teenage girl and younger boy). I wonder if these were Denise's family?Has Denise got a copy of Starfleet? To me, it seems sad if the stars have to pay like the rest of us for what they have featured in!
Stephen La Riviere

Stew Dapples

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>Really, it was Denise who did Goybirl's voice? That is a surprise, because the character sounds so much like Cystar. She even says "Wooonderfull!" in the same tone, in Terratomb (referring to her doll).<<Denise says she could do Cy-star's voice. But that's the case of all of them. Ben and Jeremy can both do impressions of Windsor - you'd never guess it wasn't Windsor himself! Ben does a fantastic Zelda too.>>I'm wondering why they didn't have Moya Griffiths as Kate's speaking voice, besides the singing? Had they already booked Anne, before deciding that the character Kate would be a performing rock-star?<<Moya Griffiths was a newly discovered singer. She was not an actress. For one Equity would never have allowed it, secondly I doubt Moya would have been up to it!>>I'm sure the crow-bar scene couldn't have been that disgusting, if it turned out not even to be used on Cystar's person!<<She was making the comments during the scenes >>You mention Denise's grandson; I know she was married to Nicholas Parsons, and on a programme called the Entertainers, a few months ago, it showed his daughter and grandchildren (a teenage girl and younger boy). I wonder if these were Denise's family?<<Oh yes, Nicholas. Pompous git... I just missed her daughter Susie when I was at her home. She has a teenage grandson and I think a teenage granddaughter. I haven't met either of them either. Denise also has a son called Justin.>>Has Denise got a copy of Starfleet? To me, it seems sad if the stars have to pay like the rest of us for what they have featured in!<<No she hasn't. But remember, these stars don't wish to watch their own performances. I don't blame them - I cringe when I hear my own voice played back... heaven knows how I'll stand being an actor...Each of the stars have been given free DVDs or videos and they seem to have enjoyed looking back but after next week I don't imagine they'll want to be looking back anymore!
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk