Terrahawks Genesis

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
NC

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by NC »

Thought Battlehawk needed a friend so I've started Terrahawk, and I've been tweaking Battlehawk as well, it now has the Battletank bay doors, and a stand in Battletank, I've also stuck the Terrahawk on the top just to try it out...Nigel
AndyThomas

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by AndyThomas »

Looking good - Terrahawk's going to need a big ol' set of landing claws, isn't it? Should be fun for you! Has to be one of the most articulated craft going, between that and the folding wings. Mind you, all of the toys were gimmicky so some extent. I think having a VTOL craft use feet is actually very smart - what if you land on something sharp when you're reliant on tyres?!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
NC

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by NC »

If you watch the Terrahawk take off from the Battlehawk and then land on ermm... land... its quite tricky, because the wings fold, they tilt to land, the landing claws extend and contract when landing and taking off so its a tricky one to do.Its going to be fun to set up, the wings folding will be done with morphs, the wings tilting will be done by simply rotating them, and the claws, they will either be morphs again, or i'll set them up with bones and IK which might be easier to animate.Oh and a new pic of the landing claws.Nigel
Crash

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by Crash »

That looks really great. I especially like the Battlehawk. Has anyone noticed how that thing looked a bit like X-Bomber? Look at the neck and the engine intakes and tell me it doesn't bear just a passing similarity.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, there's a little resemblance there. I've always liked the Battlehawk - it just looks like it does exactly what is says on the tin, you know? You can also see how it could be viewed as a military version of Thunderbird 2, particularly the way the Battletank deploys.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by Crash »

I liked the way whichever university it was spent years succesfully proving just how Thunderbird 2 could infact fly.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by Shane »

Loving that Battlehawk Nigel. The Battlehawk has to be up there with the X Bomber in the coolest ship stakes. Can't wait to see the Hawkwing get the 3D treatment.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
NC

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by NC »

Hawkwing is probably going to be after the Battletank, but it shouldn't be long, I might even do it before depends how I feelNigel
NC

Terrahawks Genesis

Post by NC »

Just a little update