THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Stephen La Riviere

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

Ok. But don't tell me I have to remove the whole bit about Yung-star finding himself in this touching 'coming of age' story?And I really liked the whole Zelda in the bath thing...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
NC

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by NC »

Oh yeah you've got to keep those bits in, its gives a new dimension to the characters Brings them into the 21st century, of course the Terrahawks should also offer counciling to the monsters it defeats. I'm really looking forward to the episode where Zelda takes Tiger to the European court for infringing her basic rights to take over the world... And wins ;)Nigel
Rachel

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Rachel »

Wow, it seems I have missed something very interesting! Is this serious? I think the Zelda age-reversing ray is a great idea, because it's just so hard to visualise her as a young maiden, isn't it? We should get to see It-Star in the bath, instead of Zelda; sheer curiosity would compel me to take a peek! That kid is going to suffer in the changing-rooms, at school. And exactly how old does an android have to be, to come of age, then? Over 100, we know that! Does Yung-Star get to be a train-driver?I confess it's possible I once mislaid a document at work, but fortunately I never heard any more about it, so it couldn't have been crucial. But I just don't understand how a TV series' negatives can get misplaced, in similar fashion. Do these things sometimes get left lying around, instead of being put in their proper place in the archives?The casting for a live Starfleet film has often been discussed here; but what about the equivalent for Terrahawks? I haven't got a great deal of inspiration, but I think Liz Smith could make a passable Cy-Star, and Janet Jackson could be Kate. The actress who played the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz is long gone, otherwise she could be Zelda.
Stephen La Riviere

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

>>I confess it's possible I once mislaid a document at work, but fortunately I never heard any more about it, so it couldn't have been crucial. But I just don't understand how a TV series' negatives can get misplaced, in similar fashion. Do these things sometimes get left lying around, instead of being put in their proper place in the archives? <<Ok. The brutal truth is that most likely they were in an archive costing money so the order was given to destroy them.Sad isn't it...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Rachel

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Rachel »

Yes, thank GOD for the person(s) who made and kept the video transfers, I hope they get eternally protected from misfortune. They are the most valuable people in the world, apart from my family! Where were these copies stored, all through the 90s?I wonder if Twizzle and Four Feather Falls were in the same unfortunate archive? Or even Starfleet? (I'm trying to think of programmes that might have been kept together.)
Stephen La Riviere

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

There is no archive for Anderson programmes. Twizzle went up in smoke many years ago.A lot of Anderson Burr stuff was thrown out as it was effectively worthless after the series. As for the video transfers, they look horrible and now reside in Australia with another amateur don't care company. More importantly, there are a series of 16mm prints at LWT. The archivist has been very kind and is sending me a set to look at to judge the general quality. Ironically, the best looking episodes are on the compilations... but I only know of the whereabouts of one master...
Rachel

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Rachel »

So, from what source do the current DVD compilations come? I thought it was from the video transfers? Forgive me if I misunderstood. LWT have my great respect for keeping the episodes, even if they're not airing them! I think it's very rash to destroy negatives of anything; there will always be some members of the public willing to bid for them in auctions, surely!I never heard about the other AnderBurr programme, Dick Spanner, at the time; is it worth seeing?
Rachel

THE COMPLETE BOXSET

Post by Rachel »

The old video compilations were absolute lifesavers, but they have 2 major flaws: no noughts'n'crosses, and even more importantly, they didn't provide the 3rd series. So the DVDs are, verily, an even greater blessing. What exactly is the near-original format owned by Revelation?Re the order to destroy the very first originals, I must remind myself that hatred is futile. No matter how much I might lick my lips at the thought of making a despised person's screams echo to the highest vault of a death chamber, no amount of torture could undo the damage they wrought. (The frustrated bloodlust of Commander Makara often strikes a chord in me, though.)I do worry about the taste of the nation as a whole, because my fave sitcom, Full House, has also been shockingly neglected on British TV, for almost a decade. I'm wondering if Sky 1 disposed of the series.