Sporilla

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Stephen La Riviere

Sporilla

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>Hi there, this is my first post on this fantastic forum! I'm a great fan of Thawks, am aged 19 (wonder how many other people my age like this fantastic show)?<<I'm nearly 19 and I've just done the extras for a forthcoming Terrahawks release. So you're not the only one
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Stephen La Riviere

Sporilla

Hi!>>What happened to the Sporilla puppet, and other Sporilla-related stuff, as i find that the Sporilla is one of the least talked-about characters of the show.<<The Sporilla, like the way of most of the puppets is gone I believe. Most of the puppets went onto the skip at the end of production. Very few survive. Sad really.Here's a picture from the day when we filmed interviews for a new Terrahawks programme for the DVDs - it shows four of the voice artists recording voices again after 20 years Left to right: Denise Bryer (Zelda), Jeremy Hitchen (Ninestein), Ben Stevens (Yung-star), Anne Ridler (Cy-Star)
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
AndyThomas

Sporilla

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote (sporilla_lover @ 28 Aug. 2003,20:15)Hi Stephen, that's way cool. I didn't realise Thawks was so popular, I have searched the net for ages, but this was like heaven, seeing all the different topics. I started my VHS collection (Channel 5 release, 1-5)  back in 1987, and then was stuck with the same episodes until the new DVD release, which I thought would never happen. I've just pre-ordered the Box Set 3 off of Play.com, can't wait for the day!!! What happened to the Sporilla puppet, and other Sporilla-related stuff, as i find that the Sporilla is one of the least talked-about characters of the show.CheersJust doing the maths - if you're only 19 now, you were 3 in 1987?! I'm curious as to how Terrahawks managed to do this generation jump thing - perhaps the old videos were quite widely available to rent?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Stephen La Riviere

Sporilla

Well I had Terrahawks volume 6 - which I was given when I was about 4. I watched it a few times of the years, but never really paid much attention to it...When Revelation were going to release volume 1 their PR company contacted me. I got a review copy and enjoyed it. Then I contacted them about the URL for my site on their covers... then we got talking about extras... and two hours of extras later, six months of my life I'm here.And great fun it's been fun
Rachel

Sporilla

Post by Rachel »

I really don't know how I managed to live nearly 20 years without the series; having it back in my life is bliss! If anything, I may even like it even more now than I did when I was 10. It's just sad that many people younger than myself (your generation, and the next) have never had the chance to view it, they're missing out on a lot!  Of all the TV programmes I have seen, I think Terrahawks is Number 1. The runners-up are Full House, Cosby Show, Starfleet, and Up Pompeii.
Stephen La Riviere

Sporilla

I have a number of images that I acquired recently (including an original puppet paper from Doppelganger). I'm saving most of them for the DVDs, but here's one image for you...