Best Episodes

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Best Episodes

Post by Rachel »

Having seen all of Series 1 again, I conclude that the best episodes are Operation SAS, Ten Top Pop, and Midnight Blue. Does anyone beg to differ?I know why MOID really scared people: because he looks like the stereotypical figure of Death, with his skeletal face and hooded cloak. When he goes all soft at the end of Unseen Menace, do you suppose he is doing it for real, or just shamming to save his skin?I didn't realise before that Cystar's hair was all a wig, until I recently noticed that it goes askew at times, and she actually has a horrid bald skull. I hope it never comes off altogether, or I would puke! (The issue probably doesn't bother the rest of you as much, as she is not your potential aunt-in-law!)I think the episodes on volumes 3, 5 and 6 could be improved just a little bit if there was more of 101 in them. One of the funniest bits of the whole series is when Ninestein goads Zero by saying "I bet you don't even know that 2 + 2 = 5!" Zero protests, and Tiger says that just proves his point! Zero, bless his heart, does his research, and finds that it actually equals 22!
Rachel

Best Episodes

Post by Rachel »

Apparently he does feature in at least one other episode, in Season 2, according to the brief episode synopses on Phil's site.
Rachel

Best Episodes

Post by Rachel »

I'm afraid to say I think there is a flaw in the way Lord Tempo bends time: when he kills Kate, by turning time back to 2010 (before the bridge existed) why didn't Kate also go back, to being a little girl, not yet driving a car, and not yet old enough to be going to recording studios?
AndyThomas

Best Episodes

Post by AndyThomas »

I think the idea is that he can selectively age specific areas. This is one of the few episodes I saw recently when I tripped across a tape in a second hand shop. If I remember rightly, he ages the suspension cords of the bridge to put Kate in peril, but doesn't age Kate or Hudson. He ain't called the Master of Time for nothing!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Best Episodes

Post by Rachel »

You say it is one of the few episodes you saw recently. It was a good stroke of luck you finding it in the second-hand shop, but have you not won copies of the other 5 volumes from Ebay, or somewhere, Andy? If not, I do recommend them! Perhaps you're saving your money for the brand new copies that will soon be coming out? I will be so glad when the second series is released. As I have good quality copies of the first series, (and spent over £90 on one, when competing with another avid bidder!) I won't be ordering the new DVDs of these same episodes, just yet.
AndyThomas

Best Episodes

Post by AndyThomas »

I am indeed waiting on the DVDs - unfortunately until I qualify my ability to play the sniping-bid game on Ebay is limited, and the bill to keep this place up and running will be due soon!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Best Episodes

Post by Rachel »

I was pleased that my dad seemed to be getting back into Thawks when I was at home on holiday recently; he saw some of my videos with me, and it all came back to him.My mum saw a small part of it, and said it was crap! It's fortunate she has many good points, so I can forgive her bad taste! She couldn't understand why I was enthusing over the zeroids; she said they're just spheres! Good job Zero didnt hear that, as he has to put up with that attitude from Ninestein!
Rachel

Best Episodes

Post by Rachel »

I will probably choose the VHS versions of the new releases, as I believe they are cheaper than DVD, and also better value for me, as I can watch videos at my own place, besides my parents' house!Yesterday morning on Radio 2 they played an old record that featured the voice of Windsor Davies, and another bloke. Sadly I can't tell much more about it, as it was played when my radio alarm had only just come into action, and I was still half asleep!
Chris Snape

Best Episodes

Post by Chris Snape »

I remember an episode with the zeroids in where sergeant Zero was speaking to the "French" zeroid and said the following line:"Strange lad that one. He uses garlic for his oil!". Classic.
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com