New Boxset?

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

New Boxset?

Post by Rachel »

'Fraid not. I have just one bone to pick with the DVDs. Series 1 and 3 have, within the individual cases, straightforward release mechanisms for getting the disc out. But the "middle" batch of DVDs have much more awkward centres in the cases, don't they? Or is it just me?
Adam

New Boxset?

Post by Adam »

It was the same with me Rachel but when I got the discs out I put them into different dvd cases.What I'd like to know is why do the episodes on the 3rd series DVDs have no chapters, series 1 and 2 have 6 chapters for each episode so why not the same for series 3?
Adam

New Boxset?

Post by Adam »

I have the individual dvds of the 3 series So I’m not paying £100 for 1 disc that I don't have and have spare discs of the 9 other discs!I love to watch extras, when I get a dvd of show I've seen before on TV then the extras are the first thing I watch but in Terrahawks case, I'll let it pass unless they release the extras disc on its own, but I don't think they'll do that.
Stephen La Riviere

New Boxset?

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

The next box set is due out in three weeks...As for not interested in seeing the documentaries... And it's not all documentaries - there's original material on there too such as alternate titles and missing scenes etc...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Kinggodzillak

New Boxset?

Post by Kinggodzillak »

£100 is far too much. I know Adam wrote to Revelation and asked before he bought set 1 and was told that they had no plans to release a complete series set. I would have thought that any fans who wanted the DVDs would have them by now, and not waited for a full series release that they were told wouldn't happen.Its just a shame the extras disc has to suffer, theres a lot of good stuff on there...
Rachel

New Boxset?

Post by Rachel »

Will there be a video equivalent of the complete boxset, with the extras? Buying that would be a way round the problem, for those of us who have already bought the whole lot on DVD. My video copies from Ebay don't really need replacing yet, but they probably will one day, as they do date back to the 80s. Are the missing scenes such as the "younger...wiser...scared stiff" dialogue that was on the Channel 5 release, but not the TV version? Koeago, do you find that when you hear the '80s songs you like, it makes you think of programmes such as Terrahawks and Starfleet? That's certainly the case for me, and makes me glad I saw them the first time round. If I were watching the Thawks series for the first time now, I wouldn't have all those cool nostalgic song associations.
Kinggodzillak

New Boxset?

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Quote Will there be a video equivalent of the complete boxset, with the extras? Probably not. Quote Are the missing scenes such as the "younger...wiser...scared stiff" dialogue that was on the Channel 5 release, but not the TV version? No.