New Terrahawks site

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
AndyThomas

New Terrahawks site

Post by AndyThomas »

I came across this site - it's only been up a couple of months but it's a very, very neat design...http://www.terrahawks.org.uk/
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

New Terrahawks site

Post by Rachel »

It's interesting that the poll/questionnaire on this site is about the best vehicle; something that had never occurred to me! I'm much more inclined to ask about favourite characters and episodes, Kate Kestrel songs, or even KK wigs!
AndyThomas

New Terrahawks site

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, I asked to be listed - it's a very clever site design wise, the guy who runs it really knows his stuff. Ironically he put it up just before the DVD releases, and was surprised when I told him they were due! Of course, there's a Thunderbirds film in the making and Captain Scarlet was tentatively converted to CGI. I'm quite sure a studio like Foundation Imaging could re-do Terrahawks, and I've seen some fan-made CGI models for the show before now...
Rachel

New Terrahawks site

Post by Rachel »

It's a shame this Terrahawks site doesn't appear to have a guest-book, I would suggest my ideas for additional polls, and it would be interesting to view the results. (I'm afraid I haven't a clue how to select a favourite vehicle!) My horrible, obnoxious mum-in-law has existed since 1834, according to the history section of the site; that makes her 186 years old, in 2020!(Edited by Rachel at 3:08 pm on Jan. 12, 2003)
AndyThomas

New Terrahawks site

Post by AndyThomas »

Tej, there seems to be a big Thunderbirds revival over here every few years - I think there's a big DVD box set of the series available over here on region 2. You can also get Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 now, along with Stingray. They seem to be working through the catalogue, I think Fireball XL5's due eventually...
Martyn

New Terrahawks site

Post by Martyn »

Andy and I have been emailing on and off for a while now so I came to check out the latest stuff on his site.  Very impressive, a considerable amount of time has gone into this venture.  Well done.  Now, I've read the comments about terrahawks.org.uk (thank you) and have started to act on them.  Thanks for the idea Rachel, there is now a guestbook.  Feel free to comment if you want to, I've been in Canada for the last six months so things have slowed down development-wise.  Time to dust off and update. ~Martyn
AndyThomas

New Terrahawks site

Post by AndyThomas »

Hi Martyn, welcome to the mad house! As you can see quite a lot of discussion about Thawks here and I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of suggestions for polls for characters, episodes and so on. Somewhat ironic that this bit of the forum is busier than the Star Fleet section, given that only one page on my site is about Terrahawks, but then we've been discussing Star Fleet a lot longer!
Martyn

New Terrahawks site

Post by Martyn »

Hey Andy, yeah thanks for the welcome, you've sure got a good community going here, looks like you lot have a laugh, glad to be aboard. I’ll take some of the poll ideas and change it over the weekend, must be a bloke thing to think of the vehicles and not things like episodes and characters! Never occurred to me! Oh well there you go. ;)~Martyn.