Favourite Zeroid

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Crash

Favourite Zeroid

Post by Crash »

This is a great forum.Unfortunately the genius of some of Terrahawks' craft was cancelled out by the flying brick that flew up thru the house.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mark42

Favourite Zeroid

Post by Mark42 »

The Battlehawk was conceived to be rounder by designer Steven Begg but the final model was built much more angular and flat sided - when he became the special effects director he wanted to destroy the Battlehawk in one episode and replace it with Battlehawk Mk2, which would have been built to his original concept. The Hawkwing's not too bad but I prefer the Battletank myself ... and I still think that Zero was the star of the show. They did think about a possible Zeroid series after Terrahawks!
Crash

Favourite Zeroid

Post by Crash »

Yeah the original from some website - it was like a flying revolver with a rotating drum of presumably missiles inside and a launch tube at the front.It would have been very interesting to see it in action.I had a look at my Terrahawks DVDs last night and actually I was surprised how streamlined the Battlehawk looked in that. I think I maybe saw too many slightly 'off' models on Google-Images that made it look too squat.I also completely agree with you about Battletank. It's somehow really plain and modest but really memorable.I think the show missed an opportunity there. They should have given the martians a lucky shot on the tank so as to immobilise it and have the Megazoid crew eject and roll around on their own.If you look at the Level 8 boss in my game you'll see that the middle of it rather resembles the top of battletank.
Mark42

Favourite Zeroid

Post by Mark42 »

HiThe original design I was talking about is pretty much the same as used - just softer, rounder, bit fatter. There was some other designs by Reg Hill that seemed a bit 1950s! Thank God they were not used.I've just been interviewing Steven Begg for my website and the Fanderson FAB magazine and I asked him why the Megazoids didn't get out when the battletank blew up in the 'Terratomb' episode. His answer was that they can't get out, they were supposed to be primitive Zeroid technology and part of the tank.Pity I would have liked to see them ejecting out.
Crash

Favourite Zeroid

Post by Crash »

Well they shoulda upgraded the tank with ones that could. I mean the advantages are obvious. If the original zeroids could knock down walls and forcefields then... the larger ones...I'd still be interested to see Reg Hill's ideas for the show if there are any pictures online.I think you'll be more impressed with this however. It was quite hard to find again, lol. Google was definitely not on the ball with this one.http://www.martinbowersmodelworld.co.uk ... hawks.html
Rachel

Favourite Zeroid

Post by Rachel »

Something really sweet I once read online: a bloke said that when he was little, his mother used to encourage him to eat peas by saying they were like zeroids. The result was, he ended up playing with the peas, instead of eating them.It is actually funny, the things parents resort to, in order to try to stimulate interest. I remember my mother telling me about how compasses worked, and I really couldn't give 2 hoots. She said "Compasses are very important," helping people to travel, and discover places like America. She added "And if there was no America, there'd be no Walt Disney!"
Rachel

Re: Favourite Zeroid

Post by Rachel »

They should make some zeroid earrings; perhaps a little Zero & 101 in each pair.

I've now got a Zero t-shirt, from the online Anderson store.
Crash

Post by Crash »

That Anderson online store is brilliant, thanks for putting me onto that.

That Terrahawks movie-style poster is mine.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

The dear little Space Sergeant would never be included in my own personal "Room 101". Sorry, that had to be said sooner or later.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I wonder what the Anderson brigade are doing about HD Terrahawks at the moment. I can't seem to find anything recent on it.