Some Terrahawks-related art!

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

I've just bought some Copic markers (only grey for now, but it's a start until I can afford more!) and after playing around with them for a while, I decided to have a go at drawing some Terrahawks fan art. I'm tempted to draw MOID or Zero next! (Maybe even the Hawkwing...)
"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hawkwing is the best ship from that show by a mile and the Zeroids were almost the only characters, apart from Hudson and Stu Dapples.Battlehawk is one of those things that seems like a good idea on paper when you see the design drawings but just never seemed to quite work on-screen as a model.It turned out as a flying brick rather than a transporter.
Dream big and bold and daring.
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

I did quite like Battlehawk in certain shots, mostly in its launch sequence. To me, it always looked best when it was looming impressively over things and just generally showing off how huge it was supposed to be. But yep, Hawkwing will always be my favourite! (I do have a real soft spot for its pilots, too!)
"The rules are simple: take your work, but never yourself, seriously. ÂPour in the love and whatever skill you have, and it will come out." - Chuck Jones
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Hey those are really nice!I like the greyscale, makes a nice "arty" change from colour.Can you do Yung Star? He always made me laugh.If it's vehicles we're talking, I liked that tank the Zeroids drove about in, was it called the Battletank?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
felice

Post by felice »

(CyborgRani @ Jul. 19 2014,16:55)QUOTEI've just bought some Copic markers (only grey for now, but it's a start until I can afford more!) and after playing around with them for a while, I decided to have a go at drawing some Terrahawks fan art.Ooh, that's awesome! 8)
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

I'm not sure how well the Battle Tank would translate to this style, but I can certainly have a go at drawing Yung-star! It'll take a few days as I have a couple of projects lined up first, but once they're out of the way then I think I may be craving more Terrahawks fan art!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Very striking style. Eyes properly staring out - she looks younger actually?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
CyborgRani

Post by CyborgRani »

Thank you! And her younger look may be due to her proportions being slightly changed. I tried to make her look a bit more like an animated or comic book character than a puppet (I know from an old Thunderbirds drawing that copying puppet proportions exactly looks terrible on paper) and I think it had the weird side effect of taking a few years off her! :P
Mark42

Post by Mark42 »

Very nice artwork, be interested to see more.