Imagevue Updated

A forum for discussion of Crash's retro-style arcade game based on Star Fleet
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

Looks great! Thanks for looking into that, Crash.
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

Uh oh... QUOTECoppermine critical error:Unable to connect to database !MySQL said: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql.xbomber.co.uk' (101)Reloading the page worked. I guess since you said this site is hosted on Dreamhost, seeing this isn't too surprising. I tried hosting a moderately-active forum on DH a few years ago and my users were constantly getting database connection errors. Their database setup absolutely blows.
Crash

Imagevue Updated

Post by Crash »

Yeah we had a major hosting frak-up last night. I was editing something on FTP and the server went down for about an hour. You could ping it but there was nothing coming over HTTP. Hopefully they shoulda sorted their act out by now.I think they must be hosting a small country on some banged-up Celeron. ther Crush server (us) is forever going over - but hey, I'm not paying, lol.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Imagevue Updated

Post by Shane »

Just placed a Star Fleet/X Bomber merchandise montage image in the Other Merchandise folder along with a pic of the Dengeki Gasshin Big Dai X.Got to say - I really like the idea of these user galleries. It's the kind of interactive Star Fleet site we talked about ages ago where everyone contributes.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

Hey Crash — I just loaded up the gallery for the first time in a bit and noticed that someone started spamming comments with links to an ugg site. Might want to go prune those out and ban/delete the account.
Crash

Imagevue Updated

Post by Crash »

Those b*******s - I've been fighting them non-stop.I even set it so I had approve each and every one!Seems I let some duffer through. All their stuff is now gone! Sorry about that - is awesome that someone came back to take a look, lol!It's been a busy week! I'm going to upgrade the gallery to the new version when I have a moment but I have to concentrate on Uni for the next few weeks. 1.5 or whatever it is has captcha and lots of new stuff.If you'd like to admin you'd be more than welcome and I was wondering if I could thieve your green EDF logo for my game's briefings? I was meaning to do my own for years and hopefully you mighta saved me all the effort!!!
Bradster

Imagevue Updated

Post by Bradster »

No worries, mate. And you're welcome to use in your game the images I've uploaded. Consider them all hereby officially released under the Creative Commons "BY-SA" license.
Crash

Imagevue Updated

Post by Crash »

I always wanted to put this in here... http://www.xbomber.co.uk/iv/#/content/A ... /mb-1.pngI think it worked out well! Thanks again Brad!Plus I've skipped ahead a fair bit but this might be interesting...http://www.xbomber.co.uk/iv/#/content/A ... -1.pngI've only done a bit today in the last ... month basically but speed will pick up again once the semester's over!

Crash

Imagevue Updated

Post by Crash »

God damn, do I ... HATE ... COPPERMINE.So I updated the thing to the new 1.5 version, right? Somehow it totally screwed it up. So I tried it again but because it had overwritten two config files it can't get the files from the album folder and the data from the database. It's ridiculous. It has no recovery facility or ability to reconnect itself with its files. The design is shocking but no more so than the support forum where I was basically told I was an idiot and to frak off essentially.I think I'm on my way to fixing it though here. It is honestly like drawing teeth though.What are peoples' thoughts on Coppermine? Once I get it working again I can apparently move across to Menalto Gallery. If anyone prefers that then I'll look into converting. I mean to be fair the Coppermine Gallery is less than easy to use. It's about as user-friendly as a gunshot wound to the head. I'll give updating another shot and see if anything has improved in that sense.EDIT: Armour Repaired ... (sort of) http://www.xbomber.co.uk/cpg1427/index.phpI was thinking maybe someone might help me coming up with a new skin.