X-Archive Successfully Updated

A forum for discussion of Crash's retro-style arcade game based on Star Fleet
Crash

Post by Crash »

God knows with Coppermine. I've come to just hate it.what format is it? Just .JPG? Either of those filesizes shoulda been fine. Could you send the file to me by email as an attachment? It's XGP-@-btinternet-.-com if you take out the dashes.At the moment, my Imagevue; the other gallery is coming up with its retarded piracy message. E.T. has obviously managed to phone home. I wish these people would wake up and realise that I do not ... pay for software.I'll try flushing the installation and upping a new one - see if that cures it.--------------------------------------------------------------------------Well I had a quick look tonight at the million pages of PHP that makes up this Imagevue thing.I think what they've done is, they've made the authorisation feature (where it must run back to its homepage and find out whether your domain is registered to run the software) part of the adobe flash files, which I can't seem to edit.I've got Flash CS4 Pro on this machine but it looks like these SWF files are compiled binaries that you can't do much with.So I may end up ordering the frakking thing just to get rid of the annoying unregistered message.

Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Well, I've had another go at uploading the final scan and it failed! Why? Oh well, the image I'm trying to upload is the most interesting, I think, as it shows all the characters from X-Bomber with Japanese names and descriptions. Now all I need to do is get it translated...Well Crash, I'll send the image over to you by e-mail. It's just a simple .jpg image.See if you can upload it?Many thanks for your kind help
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yeah, it was so big, the server was running out of memory trying to resize it. So I cut it in two and made two level9 .JPGs. If you have the originals uncompressed that's probably a better way of doing it but ... this is fine - I mean the dimensions are so huge, no-one'll notice.Anyway the best way of getting Imagevue working without the annoying message was to just pay the man. When I saw how cheap it was when you converted $ to £ it was a no-brainer.Anyway the legit, vanilla version is on its way up the FTP pipe and this way we get the latest versions.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Hiya,Just seen it, that's really great, thank you very much for your help there Having it as two halves is no problem. Reading it might be trickier unless anyone here knows Japanese?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Added a few new pictures and a new section for Voice Actor Pictures and anything we find on the voice actors.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Thank you Dave. I tried to say how much I appreciate people finding such brilliant, new stuff relating to a show that's over 30 years old. Not sure if everyone saw it.Keep up the good work, guys.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Speaking of Voice Actors, I was reviewing many aspects of the site and will probably be occupied with that for much of next week.I stuck my nose into the wiki and we only had a couple of articles which integrated into the X-Archive's using its CMS add-on.http://www.xbomber.co.uk/xarchiv....y_m ... ?album=17I think this is much easier and more presentable because the X-Achive CMS has a push-button, wysiwyg editor. That MediaWiki thing was so frakking overcomplicated that no wonder no-one was keen to use it.I mean you should have seen the way it 'organised' its files in directories. It was a total joke and it ran quite slowly on our server. It was probably hogging the database server.Anyway, my FTP is wiping the MediaWiki from the file system. I doubt we'll be getting a protest march about it anytime soon.
Shane

Post by Shane »

That's really good. I hadn't realised X-Archive could be used in such a manner.I wonder if I would be able to incorporate the 27 chapters of TROM in this format with thumbnails of the sketches I'm making for each chapter.Would it be up to it, do you think?
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Post by Crash »

If you login and go to a page or image, you'll see a little pencil near the top and you can stick an article in there either on the image page, the thumbnail page or ... almost wherever.It takes a bit of figuring out but in terms of usability it's much better than a Wiki. I found that to be hard, manual labour in comparison.I think it's actually a good solution once you figure out how it works, it should accommodate that idea well.

Zordon

Post by Zordon »

That is an awesome find Crash. I can see at some point the archive being upgraded with an integrated forum. It might be worth asking Andy if we can use some of the articles from sfxb.It’s a nice little place as well. It could certainly be used as a central hub for the sites.
Look an Alien cruiser!!