How would you go about getting the REMASTER DVDs?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Post by Crash »

I suppose I could Google-translate the Japanese Amazon site. Does anyone have any suggestions?Seeing as it's been released, I'd like to get a copy of it and see what arrives.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Apr. 24 2013,20:12)QUOTEI suppose I could Google-translate the Japanese Amazon site. Does anyone have any suggestions?Seeing as it's been released, I'd like to get a copy of it and see what arrives.Obviously I want to know how truly remastered it is, and it's not just a re-release of the original one. It's eerily similar with its extra disc containing a slowed down version of "Space Quest for F-01".I hope it's remastered-I've been waiting for this to come so I could see if it could be any help of me remastering the English series.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Things are eerily quiet about it.Even though it's only been released a few days, I've not found much about it online.Only way we'll see how good it is is to order it.I think the Japanese won't have done a half-job on it; especially given the cost of the set, which was gonna be ~£120.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Well, fear not Star Fleet fans, the team that bought you the X-Bomber Encyclopaedia have ordered the DVD set, and we will soon be in a position to let you all know how good (or otherwise) it is...
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Alright, alright but I want my own. Where's it coming from?I admire your perseverance.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Well I hope to hear how it is and some screencaps and then I can resume my remastering project when I get the dvd/or burn copies...
Crash

Post by Crash »

If I can find out how Vanessa's people are getting the disc. I'll try the same way to get one.I'm not very keen on using Japan's Amazon and others because auto-translation from Japanese is sketchy and when I tried to use Amazon.fr to get the French discs, getting them sent to the UK was a struggle ... and we're both in EU.If you can order a second disc, Vanessa, I'd be happy to forward you the due consideration via PayPal or ... whatever.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Hi chaps,I've replied via e-mail to you both.As you now know, magic pixies spirit the items from Japan directly to me.Simples
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Not sure if you got mine because I've not heard a reply.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I ordered another box that I found ... in that place, thanks for that.It looked semi-legit but I'm half-expecting a phone call from my bank tomorrow.