ATTENTION PAUL BLISS FANS

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Ladies and gentlemen, an email I have received today, pretty self explanatory but also time dependent - this means the 28th September 2014! I don't know if anyone could record this? I've asked for a copy... Message follows:Dear SFXB Website People,I thought I would drop you a courtesy email to let you and your members know that Paul Bliss, composer of all the Star Fleet music, will be appearing on a special radio show this Sunday at 3pm.He'll be talking all about his work, and his involvement with the series.It will be transmitted on 'Gateway 97.8' in Basildon, Essex. As the station name suggests it is on 97.8 FM. However, you can access it at gateway978.com if you live outside the area.Best Wishes,Ros-- Rosalyn ConnorsProgramme Controller and Founder DirectorGateway 97.8 and Gateway Community Media CIC
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Sounds interesting.I hope someone records it, because living in the US, I obviously needn't say more on why I can't tune in :P
djdust

Post by djdust »

So, did anyone listen? I'd love to ask Paul how come there's still some bits of music missing off the soundtrack CD....
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

It's on in the background at the moment; it seems to be a streaming object, I'm seeing if I can get stand-alone files to put on the site (they've said that's fine as long as I credit them).http://www.gateway978.com/blogs....emories
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

Thanks for the link Andy, Just had a listen and I'd recommend it as it's quite an entertaining chat he has with the DJ. SFXB gets a mention too!Paul mentions during the chat that not all of the stuff on his old analogue masters made it to the digital copy, due to deterioration or "sounding awful" as he puts it. That might explain the missing tracks?He never mentions anything about the singer of the end credits theme though.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Well done, Andy - I read your message but was too far North to pick it up.I could only have recorded it on tape anyway. How old-fashioned does that seem?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

I had a good listen. It definitely explains why a lot of soundtrack pieces were missing. I have entertained the idea of perhaps finding and downloading an Oberheim OBX emulator and trying to reconstruct them, though I am far from musically inclined; only reason I've considered it is that I'm an audiophile.

Crash

Post by Crash »

Got the MP3 files with DW Helper. I uploaded them here:http://www.xbomber.co.uk/?dir=Star%20Fleet/AudioIs it me or is the Dai-X junction theme in part 4 longer than the one on the CD?
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

And also here, with thanks to Gateway 97.8 - it could use some editing down, if someone cares to, but this is from the horse's mouth, so to speak. I'll just leave the link here for now, and see what happens to my bandwidth!Paul Bliss Interview In Full
Serenity

Re: ATTENTION PAUL BLISS FANS

Post by Serenity »

That was a fantastic listen!

Kudos to Ros Connors as well for bringing a level of knowledge to the piece that isn't normally afforded by interviewers at local radio level.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.