were the pices on the japanese OST used in the series?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
CHWET

were the pices on the japanese OST used in the series?

Post by CHWET »

Hello.

I am trying to write an article on the musician Susumu Hirasawa. He's credited for writing two pieces on the X-Bomber OST. While the OST is credited to Bow Wow & E-Project, the series opening credits name Bow Wow, Kazutaka Tazaki of The Bach Revolution and Nakayuki Sakuraba for music.

The wiki page for the OST says that most of the pieces weren't used in the series. What I need to know is, do track 9 & 10 of the OST appear in the series proper?

If anybody here's interested in learning more about The Bach Revolution and/or Hirasawa I'll gladly reply.
Crash

Re: were the pices on the japanese OST used in the series?

Post by Crash »

I'm not sure. It's been a while since I saw any of the Japanese version of the show.
Mind you, I'm pretty sure a fair number of those tracks do feature in the Japanese show.

I really like track 9. It's quite a unique bit of music.
The track names do fit in with the themes of the show though, don't they?

You could always fire a PM at Bladez:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=196
He'll know more about it. It's his Wiki. I don't know how that guy finds the time or energy.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

No need, I've got an answer for you. I'll give you all the instances I know of.

Track 1 - Obviously the intro theme
Track 2 - The first part is used in Episode 7 when X-Bomber comes out of the Black Hole and the latter part of it used a few other time (but I don't think it had the drum beats). The second part is used quite a few times basically a threatening sounding Alliance theme, also first used in Episode 7. The ending part I don't recall being used.
Track 3 - First used in Episode 9. This is The Imperial Masters theme.
Track 4 - First used in Episode 18, and at the end of Episode 21 (Episode 20 - UK). It was also used in the "X-Bomber" Preview show during the Imperial attack on Pluto Alpha Base, though was not used in the final Episode.
Track 5 - Used quite a few times.
Track 6 - Never used, which is a shame because it's an awesome theme
Track 7 - Another gloomy theme used a lot on the series, usually at the beginning or end of an episode.
Track 8 - Used a couple of times. The main time that comes to mind is when the Dai-X fighters launch from X-Bomber on Pluto on Episode 5
Track 9 - The Beginning Part was never used in the series, but the second part was used. It is used the first time we see Lamia, and is pretty much used as her main theme.
Track 10 - Was never used.
Track 11 - The Astro fighter Theme. Used as The Pluto Astro fighters are launched from Pluto Base to be blown up by Makara's cruiser.
Track 12 - Never used
Track 13 - Never used
Track 14 - The theme used as the lads are preparing to launch Dai-X
Track 15 - Never used
Track 16 - A theme I usually call Lamia's Second theme. It is first used in Episode 5 when the lads try to convince Lamia to return to X-Bomber.
Track 17 - The Ending theme

Hope that answers your question.
Crash wrote: You could always fire a PM at Bladez:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=196
He'll know more about it. It's his Wiki. I don't know how that guy finds the time or energy.
Pretty much when I should be working on college assignments. Not being a terribly social person helps too.

My memory is pretty clear with this after having worked on editing the episodes so much for the Remastering project.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Well that *is* a definitive answer. I hope you get a footnote in the article.

If it means anything to you, I worked hard to get to the 5th-best uni in the UK. It was a complete waste of time and money and a total con.
But then it was in Scotland, so...
Dream big and bold and daring.
CHWET

Post by CHWET »

Thanks for the info Bladez! I'll link to your post on the article.

Another thing about crediting: Do the liner notes credit Tazaki & Sakuraba? As far as I know neither man was part of either Bow Wow or E-Project (Tazaki maybe, info about E-Project is hard to come by) & it's kinda weird that 3 guys got shafted credit-wise. Also, do any of the tracks have "rock" instruments? Bow Wow get top billing on the OST but I think they're only on the opening & ending.