What year?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Chris Snape

What year?

Postby Chris Snape » Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:06 pm

I belive the Japanese version did not have it as new year half way through but rather Shiros Birthday. That would make more sense to me... But that episode stinks anyway, many inconsistencies!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com

AndyThomas

What year?

Postby AndyThomas » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:12 pm

As Chris says (and it's been discussed a little here in the past) there does seem to be something amiss with the translation of that episode. The opening narration to the show clearly puts the year at 2999, although I think there's another comment at some point which also makes you go "eh?" in terms of when things are happening. But the best interpretation is that it's early 2999 at the start, and 3000 comes in during the final episode...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator

Darthdc

What year?

Postby Darthdc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:00 pm

I noticed this too. It would only make sense if the series began in 2998 rather than 2999. But again, this is one unnecessary episode as it does nothing more than recount the last 3 episodes. The other mistake is that they mention the volcano being on the planet with the evil trees, when it was on the planet with the monmons.
May the Force be with you!

Return to “The Show”