Introducing Starfleet to friends

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Have you shown the videos to any of your friends? When I first got my copies, in the summer of 2000, I watched them with a friend, and he was well impressed. A few months later, he requested to see the whole series again. Last year I showed the first hour or so to my current best friend, but I could tell she wasn't really enjoying it, and she admitted it was too sci-fi for her. She much preferred my Anne of Green Gables videos!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I did once show the Thalian Space Wars as an easy intro to a couple of old Uni friends - it seemed to ring vague bells with them. Of course, I then had to explain the whole randomness of the plot of the compilation to them! Rachel, you seem to need an avatar - have I neglected to do any female ones? If so, do you want Lamia or Keeli?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

You didn't neglect to do female ones: Lamia and Makara were both in the list, when I registered in the new forum. I will admit I was a bit lazy, and didn't select one. I will start using the Lamia picture, if you want me to; it would actually be quite appropriate, as I'm a brunette, too. It might be worth you adding Keeli to the list, for any blonde girls who discover the forum!
Shane

Post by Shane »

....or any boys into cross dressing..........er I'l get me coat.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

You're a card, Shane!
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Only 2 of my friends know what Star Fleet is. If I ask any other person they just say WHAT??? Same with Terrahawks.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Man, oh, man... I wish my buddy Britton Goodwin would post on these forums.(I know you're reading this! Post something already! ;))He actually introduced me to Star Fleet a few years back and I've been a fan ever since. He's currently attending East Carolina University and I know for a fact that he's shown almost everyone he knows some clips of Star Fleet. I'm sure he's got lots of interesting stories to tell of different people's reactions.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Sadly, I fell out with the friend to whom I showed my videos, so I won't be introducing him to the forum. Haven't been in touch with him for ages. He said that Lamia was "a bit of a wuss, but sexy for a puppet!"
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Eh? Lamia was a PUPPET?(Christ I'm bored!)SCsfdthd