Remastering Project

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Remastering Project

Post by Bladez636 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cxo-38hl00I've been on a hiatus with it really -- I've been battling depression really.But here's a little comparison of what I've been doing. Thanks to Crash for all his help with sending me the French DVD Set!
Vanessa

Remastering Project

Post by Vanessa »

Just watched this, it's absolutely top work Bladez, I congratulate you!Now, can you just do the entire series (joke!).But seriously, it's much sharper, and well worth the effort.On another point, I totally know what you mean about depression, it affects me badly too It makes doing anything just... so... difficult.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Remastering Project

Post by Crash »

I think everyone has had it at one point or another.I don't know anyone who hasn't been, what you might call, clinically depressed at one point in life or another.No shame in admitting it in my view.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Remastering Project

Post by Bladez636 »

(Vanessa @ Jul. 26 2012,12:29)QUOTEJust watched this, it's absolutely top work Bladez, I congratulate you!Now, can you just do the entire series   (joke!).But seriously, it's much sharper, and well worth the effort.On another point, I totally know what you mean about depression, it affects me badly too   It makes doing anything just... so... difficult.I will be doing the entire series -- when I don't know though. For the moment, I'm doing various clipsIt's a real pain -- life hurts, but I'll get through it
Crash

Remastering Project

Post by Crash »

Now, I have to admit I hadn't watched it until now ... I was waiting for a meeting in the car, so I saw it on my phone but the video quality is undeniable really.I haven't actually watched my copy of the French DVDs to see for myself actually.I guess, if it was rendered in AVI, it would get rid of the film grain. mpeg4/mkv would give a truer reproduction of the original.I mean, I seem to remember that you were looking forward to a design course, is that not right? Has that not gone through or something?If that be the case, don't worry too much about it. I have had my fair share of higher education and let me tell you: it is a complete crock of £&*^.I dare say that holds true on your side of the atlantic, the same as it does on ours.
Bladez636

Remastering Project

Post by Bladez636 »

Crash

Remastering Project

Post by Crash »

Will have a look at this when I get back...No YouTube on the Apple SkyNet.
Bladez636

Remastering Project

Post by Bladez636 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSSAmqXo ... Q8it8EHere are newly done remastered versions of the intro and end credits - I'm quite proud for the most part of the results. Even so, the hand remastered scenes are pretty evident, but thank the poor 16mm masters of the English version, which is really all I had to work with there since the Japanese ones have titles plastered over them
Bladez636

Remastering Project

Post by Bladez636 »

UPDATE: My depression has been furthered -- I found out that my girlfriend was cheating on me for almost a year now and to add insult to injury, she got married to him almost two months ago. My God, this is hard.I don't think we'll have any results here for a long time unless I go toward it to relieve this trauma, which I don't think would help
Crash

Remastering Project

Post by Crash »

That is a disgrace.You are better off without her, by a mile.You need to find someone better and just drive on.  Do whatever you feel like for a bit. Maybe visit a few new places, go out, get a fresh perspective, clear your head. Hope to work on X-Bomber, the actual game a bit tomorrow.I bought a scratch disk so that I can use my machine for other stuff without risking interrupting my scanner, which is vital to one of my other current project.Also plan on flogging a load of stuff on eBay.