Happy Birthday Star Fleet

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Wow 20 years.Hard to believe its that old. A nasty reminder to how old I am getting.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Just think, we will be nearly 50, in another 2 decades. I wonder how many of us will still be addicted to 80s nostalgia sites?
Shane

Post by Shane »

Star Fleet was 30 years old yesterday! Let's all raise a glass of Gelma ale.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

Here! Here!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yeah, amazing that we got DVDs in so many countries of a show made so long ago and seen by so few people.I shall not be 50 in another 2 decades ... won't be a million miles away though, lol.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Is there anything equally good on Saturday morning for kiddies, nowadays? (I'm ignorant because I'm nearly always out rambling on Saturdays.)
Crash

Post by Crash »

I was amazed when I looked at the Freesat guide on Saturday morning about a couple of months ago.There are no cartoons, no action Sci-Fis for kids; it's all just music and interview shows on Channel 4.There seems to be no fantasy or escapism made for kids these days.I think we were seeing the end of that when they made the new Captain Scarlet and I think that's one of the reasons that it didn't do well because it was incongruous with this direction of the channels just making adult dross TV and pretending that it's for children.
Dream big and bold and daring.
felice

Post by felice »

Not sure about what's currently screening on TV, but Avatar: The Last Airbender and the sequel The Legend of Korra are great. Season 2 of Korra screens next year.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Oh, there's loads of stuff - Spiderman, Batman, Transformers all in various flavours on the Sky kids channels 600+. Channel 5 still does some stuff on the weekends, but yes, the format has really changed. My little one likes Disney stuff, Tree Fu Tom - and stuff like Ben and Holly and Octonauts is sort of sci fi stuff. It's well done, it just doesn't live on the "main" channels any more.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator