IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by AndyThomas »

Hello one and all. Good news, and bad news. Good news - it's still coming out, so don't panic, and there will be some nice interview extras on it. Bad news - it's unlikely to come out until early January 2009 at this point.The American company that was handling the remastering was, basically, rubbish, and so the remastering process has had to start again here in the UK. It's already progressing well, but it will take a while and then the whole package has to get finalised, marketed etc.So it isn't going to be 1 September as currently indicated on most retail sites, I'm afraid. I'll update you if I get any more details as time goes on. Just have to be patient that little bit longer I'm afraid, but then we're used to that!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Happosai »

Ah well, it's been over 25 years...what's a few more months! ;)That would explain why they didn't get back to me about my request for promo material and permission to show a couple of episodes at my monthly Japanese film night.[Happosai]

djdust

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by djdust »

No objections here - I'm very chuffed that they are really taking time and care over the remastering so I'm happy to wait as long as we need to!!
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Bradster

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Bradster »

Boo... and I'd just pre-ordered it last week, too.I'm glad to see the show getting a proper treatment, though, and that the rights holders actually did "the right thing" and re-started the mastering process like that. It's exciting to see that you have insiders on this operation, Andy, so we don't get stuck waiting without answers. Thanks a million for the updates!
Gareth

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Gareth »

HMV has the release date now as sept 29th this year!
Darthdc

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Darthdc »

I hope that when either of these dates arrive, we get a dvd and not another "put back date". I've had enough of it being put back.
May the Force be with you!
Jon Talpur

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Jon Talpur »

In my experience, UK DVDs of older animated series similar to Star Fleet never come out on time. In fact, it's happened so often before with so many other series, that I specifically don't pre-order such discs anymore.I can't blame companies for wanting to put out good product, but I really wish they'd stop announcing what turn out to be unrealistic release dates, and only tell people when stuff is really coming out weeks from the originally announced date. I had hoped Fabulous would buck the trend, but it clearly wasn't the case. Hopefully they can stick to the proposed January 2009 date!
FZeroOne

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by FZeroOne »

Well, I had to wait twenty years to own a Big Dai-X toy. I can wait a bit more.   The interview extras - has the delay allowed more time and are these in addition to what was already going to be on the disc?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
stupike

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by stupike »

HiI have been monitoring your mission for several years now and managed to obtain a copy of the series some years ago on cd but was a very rough copy. Over the moon to hear that it is coming out on dvd so no more staring at a small fuzzy screen on the pc looking forward to finally being able to watch it in its original format that i enjoyed all those years ago.My oldest child is 5, which is the age I first watched the show on tv so it will be nice to introduce her to the dvd at the same impressionable age and hopefully the legend of star fleet will live on.I am going to pre-order my copy now! (Oh no im not just read the other posts, oh well all good things and that).All the best and keep up the good work on the genesis project.CheersStuart

Darthdc

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Darthdc »

Well Play.com and Amazon still have the date as tomorrow. Will they be changing the dates too?
May the Force be with you!