Help shape the Star Fleet DVD

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

That looks like its shaping up to be a great set! Thanks for the advance peek, Andy!Had to chuckle that you've got Go Nagai and Gerry Anderson next to each other - two very different but equally important pioneers together. I'm actually amazed Mr. Anderson is interviewed as well; for a very long time I was under the impression that Star Fleet had been one of his creations because, lets face it, how many other puppet-based SF show creators are there?!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hey kids - it's competition time!http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=4145
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Thanks for the heads up, Andy!"The" Gerry Anderson? As opposed to the Mysterion agent Gerry Anderson? :-)
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yes, Maximum Gerry! That is a massive plus, cos he's not interviewed that often in an at-all in-depth way and the guy is not just a genius but he also seems really lovely.I'm still waiting for a notification from Fabulous Films that due to their little misunderstanding about my game I'm gonna get the DVDs free as 'research material' for the project, harrharr.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Guess what I got in the post yesterday.
jack18

Post by jack18 »

ok Andy what did you get in the post yesterday.Andrew
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Only two copies of the boxset They've done a remarkable job packing it all in, it's only the size of say 4 normal DVD boxes but they've got a coloured version of the Look In strips, a series booklet, double sided poster, postcards and all the disks in there! It's like a Rubiks cube putting it all back in! Looks really, really nice though; better brace the site, it's got the URL on the back cover too!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Well it was the least they could do after you helped them out.I suppose the pre-release version will become a collector's item - like ultra, ultra rare.Hmm, nice one
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

oh and so was so hoping for a mini dai-x to be thrown in as well. lolany news on the actuall release date?
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

^^ 9th Feb isn't it?
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.