Star Force

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

Star Force

Post by AndyThomas »

As some of you may know, Dave thought this might have been the show he remembered that was similar to Star Fleet. It's also known as Fugitive Alien II and is some offshoot of San Ku Kai. I've now watched it and I don't think it's what Dave remembers - the main ship is Baccus 3, there aren't any robots in it and its generally a classic example of just how poor some 70s/80s Japanese films are despite the moderately clever models!HOWEVER, and this is the super-bizarre thing which made me go "no way!", there IS a Star Fleet connection. Because, you see, this show is dubbed. And one of the voice actors, for a dubious alien traitor bloke, is none other than Peter Marinker - good old Dr Benn. Unfortunately it's so low budget (a Sandy Frank production!) that they didn't bother crediting the voice actors so I don't know who else might have been it, but Peter was definitely there. The other thing is, it isn't the film which I'm sure I saw when I was extremely young that had the sailing ship in it - that would have been in San Ku Kai and probably Message from Space, but I've never seen that on video...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Jim Box

Star Force

Post by Jim Box »

Hmm Sandy Frank, that name sure sounds familiar, what other stuff has he produced Andy?