Has anyone ever contacted the studio

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hmm. Now, I saw you mention that elsewhere. Are you referring to Enoki, or someone else? Enoki's site is still up, but the Japanese version isn't - and I certainly haven't had an email from them in a while. Can you give more details?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

Enoki is alive. Star Fleet is just very dificult to sell to anyone in particular. US: forget it. Japanese: #### they didn't like it the first time. UK: maybe but will they pay for it. ;) Some times I think of Star Fleet as an indie band that you secretly don't want to ever become popular. The window for Star Fleet is closing. Soon the children of the Nineties will rise up. And Star Fleet will be nothing but a distant memory. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Post by Shane »

A Bloody Fine band My Bloody Valantine was too. I really liked LUSH as well before the brit pop invaision. This is just one of the reasons why I am proud to be a Star Fleet fan.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Now, this is something I noticed the other day. Enoki's site mentions the two compilations, but have we ever heard of NTSC versions of them? Shane will remind me on this, but Space Quest was on the Laserdiscs, yes? Strange.Anyway, Angel, yes, Enoki are the right holders to Star Fleet - probably internationally, and a good couple of years back I came across them because they actually have a page on Star Fleet describing the series:http://www.enokifilmsusa.com/library/starfleet.htmIt seems that all the US market ever got was the full-ish series on tape - not the compilations. Although we do have those odd Canadian tapes as well.It's a funny thing which I only realised recently - Japanese companies are "ltd". Which is what British companies are as well, unless they're plc's. So to the casual observer there isn't a clue on the English version to suggest it's Japanese in origin. The French version does credit all the original Japanese crew, though - perhaps because they showed it so much earlier than our version, they can't have had much chance to re-edit it...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator