name that show

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
imbecile!

name that show

Post by imbecile! »

Hello, sorry if I'm raising an old topic, new kid here so play nice.Anyway, the first time I saw a clip of power ranger about 10 years ago I thought it looked great because some of the model work & guys dressed up to look like giant robots were so similair to Star Fleet, my favourite show Then I saw it and it sucked, ho hum Anyway, my question is this, what japanese show did Power Rangers steel all the action clips from and are there any fan subs or offical dub'ed or sub'ed releases of it?iiiii-thank-yooo
eh? eh?
Zordon

name that show

Post by Zordon »

That's my area of expertise. The original show made in Japan by Toei was called Zyuranger.your right about the cut and paste of the sentai material used for MMPR, alot of the footage outside of the fights and mecha clips where re-shot by Saban(the bloke who made MMPR). Since Power Rangers has been going 10 years in the US and the UK (25 years in Japan) A special anniversary episode called Forever Red showed up on the Wild Force Power Rangers season last year. (Gao Ranger vs Super Sentai in Japan) Other details can be found at Http://www.japanhero.comI would also recomend this site to anyone with intrests in the japanese giant robot area.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
AndyThomas

name that show

Post by AndyThomas »

Hello imbecile (and I mean that in the nicest possible way!) You might also find this page of interest:http://uk.geocities.com/darth_jurious/M ... ons.htmThe images look to be broken but it's what you're after. As for actual releases, as Japan is region 2 for DVDs, it would probably be possible to get original-language versions of the series. Have a look here:http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

name that show

Post by Rachel »

I've only seen Power Rangers once or twice; it wasn't bad, but I didn't become addicted. What impressed me most was Kimberley's pink suit; how I coveted that!
Zordon

name that show

Post by Zordon »

I wouldn't mind seeing those pic shaqui. the latest PR series Ninja Storm is shaping up quite well. quality acting and funnily enough directed by the same bloke who scripted the original MMPR series. On an OT moment last saturday's NEC convention was quite good. managed too pic up a gashpon Dai-X painted and clear versions both for under a tenner. I salut you BANZANDY!!!
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Zordon

name that show

Post by Zordon »

Woah! that's a load of stuff i haven't seen yet. I mean i know the VR Troopers character and the sentai rangers(what ever the series was) but those pics i haven't seen before.Good stuff.
Look an Alien cruiser!!