Where can I find the missing scenes?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, you want Shane's site for that and the missing intros - http://www.bigdaix.com
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

As far as I know none of "us" have the really short missing scenes - ones like Lamia driving on the moon, for example. At least not on-line, anyway, but I imagine those with enough UK episodes could do it. Do you have a cunning plan in mind, like trying to paste all the missing elements into the US tapes?
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

It's a nice idea, and I agree from an editing point of view it's probably doable it's just that the odds are you won't end up with even quality. Plus you'd be looking at merging (depending on how you did it) NTSC source with PAL source. Tricky. What has been suggested elsewhere, which might work better, is to take the English soundtrack and paste it onto the Japanese DVD material. You'd still have to edit a soundtrack together for each episode, but at least the video would be consistent.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

My thought with the audio was that, unlike the video source, you probably wouldn't notice a major difference but I appreciate matching that to the DVD video in a "non-lagged" way could be very tricky.  I'm interested by your comment on NTSC to PAL - I recently did it using TMPGEnc but found it... not jerky exactly, but at times it was like it was trying to catch itself up.  This I understand is the frame rate issue - going NTSC to PAL you lose (or is it gain), what, 5 frames per second?  So although you can keep the resolution exactly the same, as NTSC has fewer lines, and it plays for the same speed, the video has gaps.  I believe it's possible to get software that can fill in the gaps but TMPGEnc didn't do that for me.  I suppose for short clips it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but if you know a away to avoid that problem (short of just encoding to NTSC and hoping the DVD/TV will cope) I'd be interested to hear how it's doable using freeware...