THE BIGGEST CAPTIVATION OF THIS SHOW

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Abdul

Postby Abdul » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:44 pm

Well the music was great - just the thing to get grab attention.And then you've got the cool space ships, with fighters being destroyed and people getting killed - this never happened in Thunderbirds or Joe 90.You've got fantastic weaponry - Go X-Impulse! Flatten that Imperial Catfish!  Yeah!The show may only have lasted 30 minutes at a time, but often the baddies would get the upper hand at the end, and the good guys were facing certain death. What a cliffhanger!My parents used to watch little House on the Prairie - the show on right before Star Fleet.  Once Prairie was over, it was the most exciting time of the week!

ED 209

Postby ED 209 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:18 pm

BIG Dai-X got me rushing in then out again to build my own out of Mum's used washing up bottles!Just got the DVD from raretv.co.uk. - I might be sometime!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

djdust

Postby djdust » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:27 pm

It was the music, pure and simple. Paul Bliss wrote the soundtrack to my youth and I would kill to get a decent CD with all the music on it.
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com

Joe Meredith

Postby Joe Meredith » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:05 pm

Pretty much everything about it really! I recall watching it through both runs and being absolutely gripped by it. I liked the bad Guys the most, and also their ships. When I saw it again about six years ago, it was just how I remebered it, but I did think some of the science was a little 'dodgy'- in particular the black hole - that was just daft! I think of it as a magnetic void nowadays, but as a kid you don't let things like that bother you anyway.The music I appreciated more when I saw the series again, and still think its some of the most impressive incidental music I've heard.I still watch the programme now and again on tape - and wish it would be released uncut on DVD in the UK - I'm sure it would win a whole new army of fans.Joe

Deak77

Postby Deak77 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:09 pm

Probably Dai-X, I can remember seeing the first time I saw the episode where they destroyed the Imperial BattleCruiser with Dai-X, thinking it was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen on TV (I was only 7 at the time) All the kids at school were talking about it the following Monday The music was pretty cool as well.

Return to “The Show”