2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Chat about collectables, videos
Crash

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Crash »

http://xbomber.co.uk/?page=news&id=96It's the sort of thing where buying just one mightn't be enough.
Dream big and bold and daring.
felice

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by felice »

Oooh... that looks very nice! Not cheap for a figure that size, but still tempting.
Crash

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Crash »

I read some of the newsletters from forbidden planet and the costs of models, action figures etc of marvel characters and other current movie items like Robocop and Pacific rim are eye-watering. It's a question of how much markup they need given that it is a niche market to make the venture worthwhile.I think they realise now that there are people as excited about fantasy films and TV as we and that many of them must have a surprising amount of disposable income.So they pitch for whatever they think they can get away with.Better that than having no merchandise for the films and shows you like as was almost the case with Star Trek a year or two ago.
Darthdc

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Darthdc »

17cm tall? That is puny. Might have been better 17 inches tall or close to Masterpiece Transformer size.
May the Force be with you!
Shane

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Shane »

Yeah, great that there's a new Dai X toy, and wonderfully designed too, but, it really is on the small side. Would have been better as a full 12 incher!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by AndyThomas »

Well. Well. Well. Need. Want. Must have. We've been threatened with this sort of thing for a while, but this looks like a really, really well put together bit of kit. And it's only taken 30 years+ to turn up! I mean, good grief! Granted the size isn't massive, but it's a really good bookshelf size and very impressive that it's articulated and can split into the fighters. Let's keep our fingers crossed we get local stockists...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Crash »

You don't want something so big that you resent it the space.I think it's a lovely size. I bet it'll be great.I think it'll have to be ordered from HobbyLink in Japan. They ship it to you very fast though. It's just UK customs and Parcelfarce that you have to tangle with then.At least the disappointing Remaster DVDs in Japan triggered something positive!
Bladez636

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Bladez636 »

If only I had the money :PSeriously that is beautiful!

Crash

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Crash »

Vanessa

2014 Dai-X Action Figure

Post by Vanessa »

It looks very nice, I can't decide whether to go for it or not.I like the fact they've included Legtrax parts, and that you can separate and "transform" (not that there's much to do) the ships.Part of me wants to applaud and support companies that "bother" with releasing Star Fleet/X-Bomber stuff, as the market can't be all that big, but then there's another part of me that says I'm too old for <more> toys!Decisions Decisions...
Evasive Manoeuvres!