Supporting SFXB

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Supporting SFXB

Post by AndyThomas »

As you may know, it isn't massively cheap to rent a good sized Internet server. As I don't produce any videos/VCDs etc myself, and don't charge others for advertising here or on my site, I'm reliant on affiliations with your typical e-commerce sort of stores to try and fund the site. Although I'm working, running this site is very much a "luxury item" at the moment. I'm sure many of you have already signed on with eBay and such like - and thank you for that. What I'd quite like to know, if you want to say, is whether you'd like me to try and update ads from time to time, or make them for nostalgia titles you may not have noticed, or anything like that. In some respects my affiliations are just experiments, but they're getting to the point where I might cover my costs for a year with them - so I'd like to hear any feedback you have about them. I might also mention that I now get a small amount for every bid placed on eBay after you click on an Ebay.com logo on my site - so you can do that if you'd like; I imagine some people find the search boxes quite handy anyway. The main support page is as always:http://www.sfxb.co.uk/aboutsite/support.htmlThanks for listening ;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Supporting SFXB

Post by AndyThomas »

I've finally gotten around to updating some of the ads on my site for videos etc - most now tie in more closely to the content of the section concerned. I'd be interested to know how many people reading this are existing BlackStar customers who didn't register through my site - it may be more worthwhile for me to switch to an Amazon bias and it'd be handy to know one way or the other (it's just a difference in the way commission is gathered).
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator