Project M

Chat about collectables, videos
NC

Project M

Post by NC »

I've told Andy about Project M now, and he claimed to know all along ;-)Anyway its now time to tell everyone.Basically its an idea to produce limited run merchandise for Star Fleet and Terrahawks (and others if there is a demand)The product would be cast from a resin model, painted, and durable, maybe not Toy durable but then they break after a few hours so maybe they are...It would all be limited runs, when a model was produced it would be a case of pre-ordering it, and maybe holding a couple in stock, they could later be reissued so you get a second chance to own them.The models are planned to be very detailed.This is just a rough idea of things, I'm currently getting a Starbug made up to see what sort of problems there might be.Let me know what you think, obviously this is a limited forum and not everybody is going to want to own one but maybe your thoughts on it anyway?If you have any ideas of things you would like to see I'd like to hear these as well, current ideas are, X Bomber, Battlehawk and maybe the Phoenix from Battle of the PlanetsNigel
Jim Box

Project M

Post by Jim Box »

Sounds interesting indeed....Model wise how about at some point:-Blakes seven the LiberatorSpace 1999 EagleAirwolf HelicopterStreethawk motorbikeDai-x Obviously!let us know the costsjim
NC

Project M

Post by NC »

These prices are based on the Starbug model I have on my webpage (www.100tinsoldiers.com)The model would be 20cm nose to tail While not cheap the overall cost would be roughly £300 thats based on selling £10 of them, if I could sell 50 it would drop to £225, I wouldn't want to do more than 50 I have other work to do as well :)The way I work it out I'm not making hardly anything on either of those figures, I have to pay for the original resin model, the molds, then the casts.. I would be better off selling CDRs of the series :)With the number of registered members on this site if I sold everyone a model I could do it for the lower price, but that just isn't going to happen not everyone wants a certain model. For example I could do a Dai X fully docked, some people might want that others might want to three seperate sections (I'd rather have them seperate myself), then some people might want a BattleHawk, others a TreeHawk, all possible, but it all comes down to not being cheap.I'm talking with the people who do the resin models and such about simplifying Starbug to see what sort of price it would come down to and at the expense of how much detail, as a side note would you prefer cheaper simplified models or more expensive detailed models. Starbug is quite fiddly and to much simplification could ruin it, Battlehawk, DaiX and X Bomber are all simplier models lots of flat bits with very few sticky out bits, so could prove cheaperSorry to go on, feel free to add and remove commas as you see fit, some of the sentances are of a dangerous length and should not be attempted with out professional training :)Nigel
Matt Darcy

Project M

Post by Matt Darcy »

Would love a X-Bomber Model.and the impirial alliance cruiser
NC

Project M

Post by NC »

Matt,That would be a problem, I had just started the Dai X, Main Body (coming along very nicely) But X Bomber is probably going to be next.The only thing is you would need to find at least another 9 people interested to make the project worthwhile, other wise you will have an exclusive model but a very expensive one If there is enough interest in any one model then I'll certainly go ahead with the project, but bare in mind the prices are based on Starbug, so if we decide on a model then it could be cheaper or more depending on size and detail.How big would you want a model, 20cm seems big enough for Starbug (I'd love a 6ft detail model but I'd never get it through the door Nigel(Edited by NC at 6:22 pm on Jan. 30, 2002)