X Bomber model possibly for sale?!

Chat about collectables, videos
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Morning all,I've had an email this morning from a Japanese site who have located an X Bomber model. It has been reserved for me for 24 hours. Its price is 39,000Y, which I estimate to be around £205.00On top of this is P&P and insurance. I guess the total amount is around £250.00. As I don't want the item, I thought I'd see if anyone else wants it?If you genuinely want the item, I'll email the site back. Email me simon.coverdale@simoncoverdale.com or text is usually responded to quicker 07899 757477.Regards,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.comwww.TerrahawksDirect.com
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Not interested I'm afraid, but curious - are we talking model from the series itself, or Tokutaku (sp?) die cast sort of model, such as Shane collects?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Ha!For £250!? I'd have travelled over to collect it if it was from the show!Na, unfortunately, its just the die cast toy. The description says "Minute sunlight fade on embossed sticker attachments" and "Fine condition to be in for high age of specimen", that sort of thing!Personally I think £250 is a high price to pay even for a good condition toy. I was hoping it'd be around the £50 mark.SIMON COVERDALEsfdthd
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, that's what I'd have thought - just got the impression that a lot of hunting had been going on... I think Shane would probably consider that a reasonable price for a model, actually, as they're generally very collectable and obviously X Bomber ones much rarer than average. They come in various flavours as well...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

for a toy, I think £250 is harsh, however as andy says people are into collecting them (the Senna Williams F1 Models 1:18 go for a couple of K nowerdays) I would love a space ship model from the program, I wonder where they are - I don't buy that they where all destoryed.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Yeah it sounds like the DX X BOMBERCheck this page:http://www.bigdaix.com/takatoku.htmI paid about that much for mine, and I think Gareth got one just a little cheaper.While we are talking X Bomber collectables, would anyone be interested in a Big Dai X on a bike? It's in good condition although the wind up mechanism no longer works. It also comes with it's original Box, which is a little shelf worn, but is still pretty good for 22 years of age.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!