Whats the most valuable star fleet item you have

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

What exactly is it that this contract says you can't do Mark? Surely if anything it's just a prohibition on public display for profit, e.g. sticking it in a museum? If you're annoyed with people suggesting you haven't got it, I don't think you'd be taking a massive risk emailing a picture of it to someone on the understanding that they not post that picture on any forum or web site. You must admit that it's a little curious that you've only now mentioned this 6 month ban on not being able to show her when previously you've said the delay was down to her being repaired, repainted etc.Anyway, all that aside, to answer your question at the start of this thread, like Jim, I think my own memories of the show are probably the most valuable thing for me; the US tapes are certainly "nice to have" but it's the memories of the show that made me create SFXB and its earlier incarnations...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

The French Bomber X is pretty much the same as the Japanese X Bomber. The only difference is the opening and end credit sequences which were cut by the French crew and contain the French Bomber X theme.The music used in the French episodes is the same Japanese score that can be found in X Bomber, with the Japanese dialogue replaced by the French vocal dub.Checkout the vids on my site for a compare and contrast of the two shows. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

Thanks Andy for the kind agreement regarding childhood memories of the series.On a similar note, my six year old son watched your "Easter present" today.........he's seen SF before (off CD) but hasn't been old enough to understand it until nowHe sat there dumbstruck and in awe at the whole grand scale of SF, and jumped about and grinned wickedly when Dai-x beat Pluto base to a pulp Made me feel rather humble really (sob) (sob)Looks like we have come full circle Keep the site going and who knows, maybe my own little General Kyle (his name honest! but not the General bit!!! lol) will be posting here in a few years with his memories of the series!!JimKeep it real!!!!
Shane

Post by Shane »

I suppose the site's are fun and useful, and the different slants that X Bomber/ Bomber X give are nice. The Merchandise and fan projects: Genesis etc. are great little additions. But I would agree that the only things that are really important and valuable to me are my memories of the show when it was first shown in 82. That and the life sized X Bomber replica I have in my back garden. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

That must be a bl**dy big garden Shane! I also agree with your comments - SFXB's there primarily to trigger the synapses, which I'm happy to say it has done for many people. What it's grown into over the years was unanticipated and in another thread I was promoting the old Archipelago version of my Star Fleet pages - those got the job done just as well as the modern site in many ways, all you really need are to see a few images, read a bit of the plot, before you start going "oh, yeah!" and get the warm fuzzy feeling ;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator