Oooh, suits you Sir!

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by AndyThomas »

I've just had an email out of the blue from an old friend about Star Fleet T-Shirts. I'll probably go for one because she's very good at putting them together, but the question is - does anyone else want one? I don't know price yet, but I would be wanting cheques up front if you were interested.Design wise, I'm thinking black with Steve Kyte's Dai X on the front and SFXB.co.uk on the sleeves. I'll come back with more information when I have it. I was also considering recreating the style of the Look In T Shirt which I assume would be possible - I just want to avoid using the Star Fleet logo itself...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by AndyThomas »

I will consult with the T Shirt Making Guru but subject to what she has to say this is the sort of thing I'm going for. I added a little Punch effect to test what it would look like with a beer belly, and it actually makes Dai X's fist look bigger! And yes, my drawing's pants, and no, it probably won't be this big on the finished article!
Shane

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by Shane »

I would certainly take a couple of t-shirts off you, if they look like the one illustraited above. That would look fantastic! I think I probably would only wear it around the house though, I don't normally go in for wearing t-shirts with designs on, although if the quality was good I'd probably buy 2 and keep one as a nice collectable.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by AndyThomas »

I should also mention that I have Steve Kyte's permission to use his artwork in this way, and I intend to give him something per shirt sold. I was vaguely thinking of putting one on Ebay to see what happened, but I think I'll have to look into whether clothing really gets sold like that. Probably best if I try it through SFXB first. I'm not anticipating huge demand...
Jim Box

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by Jim Box »

Just a couple of thoughts:-1. Put a small StarFleet logo and pentagram under Dai X left foot (bottom left hand corner of t.shirt.2. Put the StarFleet crew picture (the cockpit one) on the back of the t.shirt3. SFXB.co.uk on the sleeves or cuffsYep I would be interested as long as the quality of the cotton and the images are top notch, and not these cheapy thin tshirts off the market, after all SF is 20 (count the candles!) I would want my Tshirt to last a bit as well!, so either GAP or Fruit of the Loom type T shirts.Price wise if top notch Tshirt quality I think £20.00 is not unreasonable, after all it would probably be a limited run of 100 or so, 30 for members 70 for site merchandise.Any other thoughts?Jim
AndyThomas

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, SFXB.co.uk will be going on the sleeves - just couldn't quite make it look right on my rough sketch! Getting something on both sides would probably be, um, tricky (and therefore more expensive) - witness Mike's problems! Plus, I'm being suitably paranoid about using the Star Fleet emblem. Steve's work is his own, and I have his permission to use it, so... Put it this way - the curious will try the URL, because if they see it they'll probably remember it (it's only 8 letters after all!) and then they'll remember what's what. If you have a look at the homepage you'll see I've added the emblem to the front page now and a few more column graphics will be coming to brighten the place up a little bit! And now for some blatant self promotion ;)
Chris Snape

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by Chris Snape »

I will take one Andy!!! It will go down great at Glastonbury
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
AndyThomas

Oooh, suits you Sir!

Post by AndyThomas »

OK folks - it's on! I've had my sample through and wore it to a little mini-con I went to last week. People noticed it, and if only I had a quid for every time I had to say "No, it's not a Transformer!" It was down in Camden actually, and I noticed some other nostalgia type shirts on the stalls there - Thundercats, TFs, all sorts - no Star Fleet though!The shirts are Fruit of the Loom, as mentioned by Jim, so they're good quality. I think the image will last OK as well - I haven't tried washing my sample yet, but I have another T Shirt from the same source which has stood the test of time. And washing machines.The design is basically as described previously, although Dai X is smaller than my demo graphic, and one sleeve has SFXB.co.uk on it in yellow. There is a picture of yours truly wearing it from last weekend, but unfortunately my girlfriend's arm blocks out most of Dai X!In terms of orders, if you PM me, I'll need to know how many you want, and what size you want. Any size up to XL will be the same price - £22, to include p+p in the UK. Money up front, please, as I'm not in a position to go out on a limb to get loads done off my own back. I did ask about bulk discounts, but they'd only kick in at the 250 shirt mark, so...Once I have a decent photo of the shirt I'll make a standalone page on the site and see what sort of interest there is, but I thought you'd like first dibs...