Hello and the power of Dai-X t-shirts!

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Ahhhh, right - really ought to start reading the group again! I remember a fascinating tank v mech debate there once, and read a similar one elsewhere quite recently... I definitely qualify as a member, I think, those here know I'm well into my Valkyries!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Anyone who likes his (or indeed, her) Valkyries is more than welcome in the CoM! (after all, we need the members, we're running out of cannon fod - I mean, pilots...!)As for "robots vs tanks", or variations thereon, they can be quite interesting, but after a while they all seem to end up going round in circles...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

Hehe...do I get some kind of incentive bonus for introducing new CoM members, Readers Digest stylee? :)[Happosai]"You've never seen a Valkyrie go down"...spot the quote!
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Oh dear, I'm getting deja vu. At ther moment, it is simply enough to love mecha to be a member of the Church of Mecha. Mike, owning 3 Valkyries proves that you already worship at the altar of our Most Holy Saint Kawamori, so you automatically qualify for acyolyte priest-hood. Unfortunately, there are currently no pyramid-scheme style rewards for recruiting additional members, other than the warm glow which should come from helping defend mecha-kind from the curse of the magical girls!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Happosai - "Battle Beyond the Stars". ;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

"Battle Beyond The Stars"...Oh, deary me, that was on the Sci-Fi Channel the other day! Its awfully good, with the emphasis on the "awfully"... It was quite interesting to watch, actually, as I've very recently seen "The Seven Samurai" for the first time, plus a bit of "The Maginificent Seven", which "Battle Beyond" was obviously, erm, inspired by...
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

Ahh...Enter The Dragon...another film with a favorite quote of mine:HAN: It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.WILLIAMS: Man, I won't waste my time with it. When it comes, I won't even notice it.HAN: Oh? How so?WILLIAMS: I'll be too busy looking good!:)Congrats on those who got the BBtS quote...it always makes my housemates & me giggle...:)[Happosai]
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Williams had some great lines in that film.Like the bit when he has to pick his woman for the night. Or the classic "Bull S#!t Mr Han Man"