can starfleet vcds been offically licensed

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

Post by Shane »

Here's the link:Thats" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....p>Thats a bit out of the blue. It seems a little suspect to me as it claims to be taken from the original broadcast tapes whereas what you are actually getting is the material from the 8 US compilation tapes.Still it's a pretty bold claim to make, so there could be some truth in it, Although I think Andy would have known first if there was going to be a release of any sort. But I think official or not it's the final nail in the coffin for ever getting a proper DVD release now.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

Regardless of the source of the footage, these VCDs beinf legitimate in any way is pure bullshit...look at the seller's previous auctions and you'll see that they've been knocking out various nostalgia series, none of which they're got any rights to...I'm actually very pissed off that one of their precious auctions was for a VCD version of "Kiki's Delivery Service", a beautiful anime directed by the master of theatrical Japanese animation releases, Miyazaki-sama...whilst I wish more people would watch this "family" animation, rather than the shite that Disney (I feel unclean just typing that) put out, it really annoys me that it's being ripped off in this way (I've seen KDS once, at my local art-house cinema early this year...and I think that having such limited access to it made it even more special whan I saw it...[Happosai]"Slightly" drunk
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I'm with Happosai on this one. He's sold these sets before and all of a sudden they're "officially licensed" in the same way as all the other series he's selling on VCD with very similar descriptions etc are "officially licensed".The one thing I will say is that whoever it is, they've done their homework. Although it's based on the US tapes, the episode guide that's embedded in the page seems to be original - implying the seller wrote it. Ditto for the other series, and the theme tune downloads (which are good, incidentally!)I get the impression from following some "similar item listed" links that he's already had a few auctions wiped off eBay. Trying to make himself out to be "official" is bound to land him in hot water - it's basically out and out fraud, in fact. I thought it was particularly cheeky to mention the French DVDs of Ulysses which do exist, and then to claim that he had rights to issue VCDs based on those DVDs! Urm, wouldn't putting an English track on the DVDs make more sense?!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator