1st class DVD Compatible VCD's

Chat about collectables, videos
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hurrah! I've just become my own 7000'th visitor! (Just thought i'd mention it rather that the usual 'boing'.erm... Boing!SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com(Now I think about it, i've probably been 1000 of those myself!)(Edited by simoncoverdale at 2:15 pm on July 24, 2002)
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Well,Seeing as its gone a bit quiet, here goes.Straight fight, Keelee V's Lamia, no special end-of-series powers, no Kirara, just fisticuffs! Who'd win!SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello all,Christ I'm bored! Just had 7 staff leaving and its now like a ghost-town in here!SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello All,Given the "fun" I had recently with Revelation about terrahawksdirect.com, I'm looking for input on a potential DVD.With DVDr's down to less that £1 each and burners dropping dramatically, now if ever is the time to get the thing created.I still have the Mpeg2 files on my hard drive so all the images are ready.Anyone know the position re. Enoki and a forthcoming release?SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from simoncoverdale on 2:21 pm on Aug. 14, 2002Hello All,Anyone know the position re. Enoki and a forthcoming release?*raises hand*There is nothing written in stone yet, but that's not to say that there's nothing going on either. If that sounds a little cryptic, well, for the time being that's about as much as I am able to say. But yes, there is a chance that there'll be an official release down the line...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello All,It would appear that a release of some description is just around the corner. My guess will be DVD (obviously!) and VHS, although I imagine production costs for VHS far outweighs DVD on a large scale production.With this in mind I think it best if the "Simon Coverdale Special Release of 'Star Fleet' on DVD" be shelved!Plus, although not particularly profitable, but worthwhile nonetheless, I think the VCD's life may also be short-lived!Any further info on a release?SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com
albedo039

Post by albedo039 »

oo-er. this couldbe/couldn'tbe is really not much. How about a possibly although they are still scoping the market. Or a maybe when the time is right and they have the finances?
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, it's a chicken and egg scenario. The rights are there, but as you can see from my post in the Show, the situation is that the show is a much harder sell than something like, say, Thunderbirds. The name recognition just isn't there. So TV channels haven't gone for it. But if a DVD distributor can be interested, then the interested party will buy the rights, and re-sell them to the DVD distributor. That's the way it works. There are definitely possibilities...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello all,Just a quick note to say that VCD's are still available and will be heavily discounted from today onwards by emailing me at simon.coverdale@simoncoverdale.comRegards,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.com
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Boing!