1st class DVD Compatible VCD's

Chat about collectables, videos
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello All,Happy New Year and all that. Hope everyone got what they wanted (No PS2 for me after all, bloody woman).Anyhow, just to remind everyone that DVD compatible VCD's are still available, discounted to anyone who mentions SFXB in their email.Incidentally, all six volumes of Terrahawks are also available now. simon.coverdale@simoncoverdale.comRegards,SIMON COVERDALE
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Furthermore...I've been asked on more than one occasion if I would consider capturing and VCD'ing another series.Ullyses (is that right?!) 31 was one that was mentioned, plus others.If there is enough interest, I'll do it. I've been told that U31 and "Jayce & TWW" were both recently aired on Sky not long ago. This would be ideal as it gives an excellent capture point.If there is any interest, please post a reply. Enough interest as usual will get me off my rear. Please be aware that year-end in my real job is upon us so I'll be a little busy for January!Regards,SIMON COVERDALE
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

That's "Ulysses 31". Both series featured on my site, y'know... If anyone can't wait, I've seen VCDs of Ulysses on eBay (briefly, granted) - not sure about Jayce, but you can certainly get videos of that series from eBay (because I've got one!)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Transformers are coming out on DVD now y'know - end of this month in fact:http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/adama ... 0067664Not forgetting the suberb movie of course:http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/adama ... 61773"It's over Prime!""NEVEEEEERRRR!"
Shane

Post by Shane »

Thats a bit weird not having "Arrival from Cybertron" (also known as More Than Meets The Eye part's 1-3) on the first volume of series 1. Has Maverick messed up again? Looks like they are presenting the second half of season 1 on the first vol ?!? I got hold of all the US transformer episodes in an ebay auction last year, all in real video format. To be honest after the first season the episodes aren't up to much really. The 4th and final season: Headmasters (which was only 3 episodes in the end) is pretty good though.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, I got them on video - you probably remember that time I auctioned loads off.  There's a superb collection going on ebay that I tripped across - £100 for pretty much every episode going, on original tapes.  As you say Shane, the post-movie episodes are ropey, if only because the movie voice actors don't do the dubbing.  Some episodes were good though - Predaking for example I thought was very well drawn.  I have to admit that I wasn't overly impressed by Maverick's "Special edition" movie - the "bonus cartoon" not seen in the UK was incredibly poorly dubbed by voiceovers not even remotely close those of the original characters.  Yuck.  That's about the only tape I've ever sent back to Blackstar - I bought the cheaper Movie only tape...
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello Lee & All,Well, looks like I'll have to get back to the forum a little quicker, as two requests seem to have been covered already! Perhaps I'll start logging on in the dead of night!Ah well, looks like U31 & Transformers have both been covered. Any other suggestions!(PS Thanks for the praise!)Regards,SIMON COVERDALEpps. I do recall someone wanted me to transfer something off VHS to VCD. I found to my cost that this can be expensive commercially (Around £40 for an hour!), but I guess if someone wants something moving over badly, I will do it. This will be at cost of course! (Simon Coverdale, a not-for-profit organisation!)
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Strangely enough, Star Fleet and Terrahawks are probably the only series that I hadn't noticed on eBay on VCD. Even series like Space Above and Beyond, far more recent, are available. The auctions tend to be very short and Buy It Nows as well for obvious reasons. There's one bloke who's selling Star Fleet VCDs now, amongst many others, unusually off a web site - Simon's site is a little unusual in that respect(!) as most of these geezers ask you to email them. I'm not sure what version of the VCDs that bloke's selling BTW - probably the older version that I have, from before the time Simon started doing his.I'm surprised it costs that much an hour to get stuff converted - although I suppose equipment wise etc it's probably a lot of overhead. I could see there being a big market for it though - I could save an awful lot of space in my flat converting all my VHS tapes to DVD!