1st class DVD Compatible VCD's

Chat about collectables, videos
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello Eric and all,Could you tell me if the U31 discs were the ones on Ebay with a photo of blue jewel cases, about 10 of them stacked up?If his version isn't up to scratch, I'll have a go at an all new copy.Regards,SIMON COVERDALE
Chris Snape

Post by Chris Snape »

Just so you know I have the complete series of U31 on video. These are recorded from the TV many moons ago. I will check the quality of them as I have not watched them for ages now. I know they contain old adverts too which could be fun!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello Eric and all,U31 would be a good idea, but someone is already at them.Funnily enough, this forum has helped find some rather obscure titles which I won't mention yet.Suffice to say that there should be another www.XXXXDirect.com on the scene soon.It is really amazing what shows people remember and would like to see again.I'll keep you all posted.SIMON COVERDALE
albedo039

Post by albedo039 »

I'd like Ulysses 31 too.
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Morning all,I see a few are interested in U31. If someone can confirm the quality of the other couple of sellers discs, artwork etc., I will be able to assist.If their image quality is good and the packaging and labelling of discs is also up to standard, then theres really little point. If however it isn't, I might have a crack at it!Regards,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.comwww.TerrahawksDirect.com
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I've just come across these Ulysses VCDs. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi....9621741Noting the area the seller comes from, and the other VCD set he's trying to sell, I think Simon's going to be paying him a little visit! Me, I'm going to have a little chat with him about "borrowing" images from my site...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

H'mm. Further to the above, I notice that a bidder called Jaz_maggs has been going for several of those auctions he's running for VCD stuff. He mentions in his "me" page that his mates got into Ebay recently, selling Star Wars stuff. Jaz_maggas has been auctioning Star Wars stuff. Coincidence, or him getting his mate to inflate the prices of auctions? You decide... Actually, this is one of those curious situations where you get someone selling pirates of pirates (almost certainly). There were no intellectual property rights in the first pirate, by virtue of it being unauthorised and unlicensed - so is there another infringement when a pirate is made of that copy?Having just been on a legal conference I'm buzzing a bit on this sort of thing. Given the nature of the medium we're dealing with, the infringing copy is an exact copy - so logically it's infringing in the same way as a 1st gen copy would. It's just that in theory Simon (for example) couldn't complain about it (assuming he wanted to and it was his discs being copied) because he can't really claim rights to his 1st gen copy. I suspect this is something that'll get legislated on eventually, actually; there ought to be some "abondonment of rights" allowance or something. Although with IPRs the concept of exhaustion of rights doesn't work quite that way; copyright exists 70 years (IIRC) after the death of the author (which allows his/her estate to benefit from the work).I'm surprised eBay haven't shut this bloke down actually - he's not being overly subtle, it has to be said... There were a few people over on uk.media.animation.anime getting annoyed about the anime that was appearing on eBay - probably because of the fan-sub culture that exists over there...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello all,Wilst collecting my email this evening my PC crashed. After rebooting I've started to received "Undeliverable" type messages to people I haven't emailed in years.The only conclusion is some sort of worm virus. If anyone receives an email from me that you were not expecting (simon.coverdale@simoncoverdale), please delete it.It looks like the subject could be "New Napster site", "You are Fat", "Urgent" and may have an MP3 attachment.Apologies all round.SIMON COVERDALE
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

Nothing in my inbox m8 as yet, lots of worms doing the rounds if you check newsgroup alt.comp.virus.Get a free AV program from Grisoft.com and update it.Also check for trojans using the cleaner from moosoft.comIf you are using Outlook express make sure its set to use restricted sites.Go into explorer select options/security/restricted sites/customuncheck/siable everything scripts/activex java etc click okthen start OE select options and use restricted sites.That stops html scripts in mail from screwing up your pc also take a look at the following and practise safe hexhttp://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html