1st class DVD Compatible VCD's

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

Post by Shane »

I don't think Mike was being heavy, he was simply pointing out that unlike Star Fleet, Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman is still a relatively healthy franchise and dosen't really need a CDR/DVD bootleg version.I can't honestly see there ever being an official DVD release for Star Fleet now. And even if a company did take it up, I can't imagine they would get the quality any better than Simon's copies. And with most punters not likely to shell out for an official set when they already own a good digital copy, can you really see a big enough market for an official release now?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, this is the sort of thing that's always had me in two minds about putting SF stuff on the web. On the one hand, the sales of bootleg stuff indicate that there's still a market - but equally, they're extinguishing the commercial market at the same time. Not that the latter exists - but if you wanted to create it, it wouldn't be there any more. D'you see? Obviously this is quite old ground for us, and I think you can take it as a major signal on my part that I agree with Shane as I've put a whole episode on-site. On the BOTP side of things, I'd like to see the original Gatchaman version of it - I have a Mollins tape of a few episodes and some of it was just excruciating...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Morning all,Just a quick note to confirm that the fun currently being experienced with the owners of Terrahawks has not affected the "Star Fleet Direct . com" site so all is still fine.Regards,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.comex www.TerrahawksDirect.com
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Erm... Boing!
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello All,Erm. Boing!Just back from sunny Ayia Napa in Cyprus (again!). Still ok, but nowhere near as good as last year (or the year before for that matter).As with most good things, word spreads rapidly about the place and before you know it, its overrun with undesirables!Still, it was good while it lasted. I've actually come on to see if anyone has a good quality volume 4. Mine is on its way out and I could really do with another.If you have one, please let me know (simon.coverdale@simoncoverdale.comCheers,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.comps - VCD's still available, as ever discounted to SFXB visitors!
SenseiQuaffBoy

Post by SenseiQuaffBoy »

new to this...what about copyright laws?wont the people owning star fleet be a little pissed off, or is it all kosher?am interested in seeing it again though!anyone know where i can get hold of an old computer game, used to play it on C64.."Lords of Chaos", it was mint, anyone know if it was released on amiga/pc, and how i can get hold of it now?thanking you all kindly
Dudes
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from SenseiQuaffBoy on 11:53 am on July 18, 2002new to this...what about copyright laws?wont the people owning star fleet be a little pissed off, or is it all kosher?am interested in seeing it again though!anyone know where i can get hold of an old computer game, used to play it on C64.."Lords of Chaos", it was mint, anyone know if it was released on amiga/pc, and how i can get hold of it now?thanking you all kindlyStrictly speaking, you're right - it isn't kosher. However, the people who own Star Fleet aren't doing anything with it commercially at the moment and may well be aware of what's going on. However, this is why I don't make copies available to people myself. I did once do it on a fan sub basis (basically free) but don't have the time any more. It's an issue which has been discussed here and elsewhere at some length.Simon, who does the VCD side of things as you'll have read here, did have his fingers burnt recently as he was doing the same thing with Terrahawks and the new owner of the UK rights had, ah, words with him. So, no, it isn't legit unless you have the permission of the licensor to be a licensee of the product.So saying, I do have an episode available on line at the moment. It's fairly poor quality both on purpose and out of necessity, but it'll probably be enough to remind you of the series.As for Lords of Chaos - don't know, but it sounds like an eBay search would be in order; links off SFXB. Good luck...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

Hello SenseiQuaffBoy, ever thought of downloading an emulator then downloading the game from Jim" target="_blank">http://www.lemon64.com/Jim