American Ntsc 1 Hour volumes -fakes?

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I hadn't noticed that the credits weren't on them - I'll have to look at my own "volume one" again. What's interesting about that, though, is that if they don't have that text on it suggests they're taken from some sort of early version of the tapes where that text hadn't been added. Perhaps we're reading this wrong - perhaps these white label tapes were actually done before the gold labels, intended for sale, but it was the higher quality rental tapes that eventually got put out? Curiouser and curiouser...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
lightluke

Post by lightluke »

i ve just seen the start of the gold label and the white label ones and two things stand out. first of all the white label claims to be classic family entertaiment and there is not mention of it on the label. how many vhs tapes do you know that do not have the sellers details and copyright information on the label. secondly on the white label one there is no fbi warning. all us tapes have fbi warnings.in my mind this is someones attempt to make a quick buck and are definetly fakes. what do you people think.
lightluke

Post by lightluke »

its all fair and well being optimistic that they are genuine when that is clearly unknown. you still have not reasoned away my two points i raised.
lightluke

Post by lightluke »

well i have some interesting information which vaidates my suspicions. after speaking to the bbc and a company in manchester they said that it is a legal requirement that all vhs tapes must have name of company and copyright information on them, also that they must comply with the bbsc classification. a similar thing is done on cd's which have other classifications and also year of production.
lightluke

Post by lightluke »

well i just spoke to F.A.C.T., which is the body of copyright infringment here in the uk and was told that even though the U.S. does not have bbfc classification it has its own classifications and this would indeed require companys to place name and copyright information on tapes!.Major News now !!! i was speaking to the lady at F.A.C.T. and she told me that someone(a company -did not ask which one) is bringing(looking to) out a dvd release of the series here in the uk. when i asked her further to ask her if it was not startrek but x bomber the series, she said that she knew that as she had watched the series in the 80s!. Superb!!!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Just my two cents, but I think the white label tapes are legit. As mentioned above, it might be just a case that another company took over the run as the cartons appear to be the same. Likely to be collectable in any case.As for the possibility of a UK release, I thought there was a load of legal hassles originating from Japan that was making it impossible at this time for any Star Fleet release?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!