found manga pics

Chat about collectables, videos
Zordon

found manga pics

Post by Zordon »

http://gettermario.dynamicforum.net/t29 ... -manganeed someone to translate the site and find out if we can get scans
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

found manga pics

Post by Crash »

Did you see the scorpion vehicles in the pictures?The art style is a bit crude and not as ... accurate as that Steve Kyte bloke.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

found manga pics

Post by Shane »

Yeah, Shiro's representation looks a bit off too, but great find never-the-less. I think that's the first time I've seen the Star Fleet Manga in any detail. I still have some Bomber X comics in storage somewhere; the artwork in those are fairly crude too. Mike Noble's Look-In work wipes the floor with both of them.I noticed an image of the fabled X-Bomber Encyclopedia on that forum. In over ten years of Ebaying, I've not seen that thing turn up on there once!

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Vanessa

found manga pics

Post by Vanessa »

A very good find there, nice searching!As Shane says, there is no Star Fleet artwork that comes close to the genius of Mike Noble's.I wish I could find an A2 scanner that can take card (not just paper) so I could scan and upload that original Mike Noble Star Fleet LookIn storyboard artwork piece that I have, and put it on the X-Archive for all to see.X-Bomber encyclopedia?What's that then?I'm amazed that no-one on this forum has a copy, considering the SFXB hardcore fans that post on here!I'd sure like to see it.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

found manga pics

Post by Shane »

The X-Bomber Encyclopedia is a fabled book that had been mentioned on this forum a few times in the early days. It seemed to have been a Japanese 'making of' book produced at the time of X-Bomber's initial release. The forum that Dave linked to has an image of the cover and a sneak peek at a couple of interior pages.No one has ever been able to nab one, and we're like, the most resourceful people on the net.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Vanessa

found manga pics

Post by Vanessa »

Hmmm, well I'm going to start digging.I got all the Interster DVD's, so maybe I can nab one of these as well.I do have an "Ace" internet searching companion, who might just be able to find it...We'll see
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Zordon

found manga pics

Post by Zordon »

I'f you find that gem, get some quality scans done then we can finnally print those off.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

found manga pics

Post by Crash »

More power to your elbow, Vanessa.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

found manga pics

Post by Vanessa »

Well, can't say too much at present, but I may have something to show in a short while concerning the X-Bomber Encyclopaedia.Lets just say that 'Ace', my secret weapon, is hot on the trail Watch out for a new thread on it if my plan comes together...
Evasive Manoeuvres!