X Bomber Encyclopedia

Chat about collectables, videos
Bladez636

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Bladez636 »

(Happosai @ Aug. 29 2012,01:54)QUOTEExcellent find!I can translate some of the two pages with the X Bomber cut-away (amusingly, it has the toilet marked on there), but would need higher resolution versions to do the rest.Good to see familiar names still posting on here, BTW. I only seem to check in here every 12 months or so...[Happosai]One has to wonder how they went in there - hopefully it's an anti-gravity bathroom - would suck to be in there during an epic battle scene lol
Happosai

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Happosai »

This is where the toilet's located:So, is there a PDF version of the encyclopedia available somewhere (PM me if it's not publicly downloadable)? I can't read the kanji (Chinese derived characters) clearly enough in the images posted above to translate a lot of the labels.[Happosai]
Vanessa

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Vanessa »

I've sent you a PM Happosai.Hopefully you can translate the rest of the labels for us all, especially for Crash ;-DActually I am quite curious as well, to know what the different parts of the ship are. It seems a shame not to know, as someone has gone to the trouble to detail and label the cut-away schematic of the ship.I do find this sort of think quite cool in a geeky kind of way... :-DReally funny that they've gone to the trouble to tell us where the toilet is LOL!I agree it might get a bit messy if you had just popped to the Loo, and then the Imperial Alliance had started attacking the ship...!I can imagine Kirara stepping out of the toilet, and grunting to an impatient Shiro that he ought to leave it a few minutes before going in there.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Happosai

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Happosai »

Thanks to Vanessa, I've now got the higher-resolution material to work with, so will see what I can do with the rest of the labels...I should be able to post the results later today (I'm not currently in full-time employment, so have some free time to spare, although I am also working on starting up my event promotion services business).[Happosai]

Happosai

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Happosai »

And here it is!I've left some of the translations quite literal, whilst for others I've picked a suitable word to fit in with the context. The only one I've struggled with is enclosed in square brackets -- I can't quite figure out what it should be.TBH, after doing all that, I'm not sure how useful it actually is -- it's mostly random nonsense...!If anyone wants anything on any of the other pages of the encyclopedia translating, I'll give it a go, although bear in mind that I don't actually speak or read Japanese beyond having a basic understanding of how the language and writing system works. I did this translation using a combination of kana lookup tables (I used to be able to read kana unaided, but am very rusty after not doing so for a long time), Google Translate, the Japanese<->English Dictionary Server website and a physical Japanese to English dictionary.[Happosai]
Happosai

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Happosai »

I've also translated the Big Dai-X cutaway...this one was a bit easier (due to much of it being in katakana).[Happosai]
Vanessa

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Vanessa »

That's really great work there Happosai!Very interesting, and also as you say, some of the descriptions are of questionable usage, and seem a bit non-sensical. But after all, it was a kids show!The Dai-X stuff makes a bit more sense.But anyway, many thanks for this work.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Happosai

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Happosai »

No problem!I've translated a few more pages from the same section as the ones above, describing the X-Bomber's weapons -- nothing particularly revelatory on those either.[Happosai]
Dr. Ben

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Dr. Ben »

Wow! This is so exciting! I too had my doubts about this object's existence. So cool to get a glimpse of it!
Crash

X Bomber Encyclopedia

Post by Crash »

Legendary find, where did it actually come from?I'd love to know where Vanessa found it.
Dream big and bold and daring.